Process Design Engineer
Job title: Process Design Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Reporting to: Technical Director
Join an exciting and innovative cleantech company in Newbury. We develop and build breakthrough low energy desalination and water treatment solutions that treat the world's most challenging salt waters. Many desalt seawater, which we can do, but we specialize in desalting very salty waters from industry. Our customers include leachate, coal chemical, oil & gas, mining, and other industrial companies. We help them clean their water, use less energy, and save money.
Purpose and scope of the role:
We are looking for an experienced Process Design Engineer to join our team. With proven experience in leading the design of processes and systems for wastewater treatment across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC. Taking a lead role on one or more projects and chartered, the job holder will support and work on the scoping of design packages and the generation of design deliverables such as flow and data sheets, mass-energy balances, control philosophy and performance requirements, start-up and shut-down procedures and so on for proposals, engineering studies and detailed execution projects
This position could include travel to our field plant locations to support construction and commissioning, giving you the opportunity to see how your designs are being used by customers.
The primary location will be Newbury (UK) with remote working considered for the right candidate, with moderate travel to customer, pilot and commercial sites in UK and abroad.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Undertake process design work of LATW plants as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers and sub-contractors on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design as the Process Lead, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by LATW
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with LATW procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOPs, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model and drawings
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
- File process calculations and other documents in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Ideally Chartered Chemical Engineer status
- Experience working with Chinese clients would be advantageous
- Experience of working on Studies, FEED and EPC projects in the Wastewater, Waste to energy, Desalination, Power, Mining, Environmental, Oil & Gas sectors
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Demonstration of customer focus
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team and with different cultures
- Always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
LAT Water Limited (LATW) is a British Company which has developed an innovative, low grade waste or renewable heat powered technology for contaminated/waste water treatment and desalination applications. The technology significantly reduces treatment/desalination costs and deliver high quality treated water for a wide range of applications.
LATW’s technology has received numerous awards by both BEIS and Innovate UK to fund the development of LAT for waste water treatment applications.
How to apply:
- Please email your CV with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
Note: Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits