Insurance Risk Engineer – Heavy Industries (Metals, Machinery or Power)
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard Insurance sector where it is involved In cover associated with a variety of industries including oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, metals, mining, maritime, mass- transport and so on. The organisation’s major London hub is enjoying significant client demand and growth throughout the EMEA region.
Our client is seeking an engineer with very significant metals Industry experience, primarily in Steel or Aluminium processing (including smelters, crushers, grinders, furnaces ) or alternatively substantial exposure to power plant and machinery (gas turbines, fossil fuelled power generation ,boilers, CCPP/CCGT etc., etc.) The successful candidate is likely to be a degree qualified(or equivalent) Mechanical or Chemical Engineer who has worked in the metal processing or power industry for a very significant number of years; they would have excellent knowledge of process operations, maintenance, technical support, production and process safety management. The successful candidate may function as the engineering representative on key accounts, supporting our client executive and broking teams with technical analysis and insights. A key part of the role will be conducting Underwriting Surveys whose output will be a description of the facilities, an analysis of loss control features and engineering/financial based loss analysis.
As well as a process operations/production background, it is essential that the candidates also bring significant experience/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Process Safety
- Inspection/Asset Integrity/Condition surveys
- Maintenance, or Inspection/Asset Integrity.
- Business Interruption /Consequential Loss
- Additional experience in a construction/project execution type role is also an advantage, but not essential.
All of the roles have core requirements which include:
- 60-80 nights away per year in EMEA visiting sites
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work at all levels within a client organisation. Production of the underwriting report following a survey is a key skill.
- The ability to conduct Underwriting Surveys, typically between 2 and 5 day duration at client sites
- For key sites or large sites extended surveys of 2 weeks are sometimes required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Additional fluency in Arabic, French or Spanish would be welcome
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to:
Mark Stracey Recruitment
E – Mail email@example.com
Alternatively call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment Business and Employment Agency
Apply for Insurance Risk Engineer – Heavy Industries (Metals, Machinery or Power)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly