Process Engineering Manager
Our client based in the Portsmouth area requires an experienced Process Engineering Manager.
A Day in the Life
- You shall form part of the growth strategy, playing a crucial part in the development of the business whereby you will deliver significant change and improvement
- Work with the Head of Manufacturing to help meet our ambitious but achievable growth and profit goals.
- Provide leadership for process improvement and project initiatives.
- Coach/Train/Develop Process Engineers and assist them with identifying and implementing projects applicable to Process improvement (utilizing tools of "Operational Excellence" including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean, TPM, etc. as the primary drivers of continuous improvement).
- Manage department by delegating projects, setting goals, monitoring, and giving feedback of performance, and using training where applicable.
- Prioritize assignments and allocate resources accordingly.
- Analyse systems and procedures to determine the most effective and efficient methods.
- Collect, analyse, and make recommendations through the use of reports, observations, frequency checks, and time studies to make improvements on existing systems or create new systems.
- Overseeing manufacturing capacity and making proposals necessary to keep up with changes in demand
- Conduct time studies as needed in the various manufacturing areas.
- Responsible for optimizing flow of materials / product thru factory. Assist in layout changes for the shop floor.
- To achieve the strategic plans for the development of manufacturing you will need excellent prioritisation skills, high energy, clear focus, a positive `can do` attitude and be calm under pressure.
- Exceptional, experienced, capable, enthusiastic and someone who takes ownership.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Energetic and outgoing; a team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience.
- Keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones.
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who can work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality and deliverables.
- An individual with a strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions
- Someone who shares and lives our values
- Ability to create, analyse and present data as information
Bonus Points for Experience with
- Experience of volume electronics manufacturing using world class philosophies, techniques and principles
- Degree or equivalent in related subject
- Black belt training and/or certification.
- Previous Leadership and manufacturing experience
- Experience of implementing lean techniques
- Proven people management skills in diverse workplace
Your Ideal Job If you`re looking for:
- An interesting role where no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with smart people from many different disciplines
- A vibrant company culture where positive changes are being brought in every day
- A strong management structure where directors listen to their employees
- A positive atmosphere and a team who are committed to supporting one another
…then this might be the job for you
Employee Bonus Scheme, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Flexi-time, Training & Professional Development, Healthcare Incentives, Share Incentive Scheme, Free Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, 25 Days Annual Leave