Chemical Engineering Regional Marketing Director
Why you would want this role?
UOP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell. It is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced fully qualified Chemical Engineering Regional Marketing Director to join our team within Honeywell UOP to be based in Bracknell, or Guildford England.
What will you be doing?
This position reports to VP/GM UOP UK and Vice President (VP) Strategic Marketing, The individual will be responsible for leading, managing and directing all regional marketing related activities for UOP.
· Manage strategic marketing and business development activities.
· Lead techno-economic modelling to identify best process conversion technology growth options.
· Lead development and launch of regional New Product Introduction and Breakthrough Technical Initiatives, advises customers on & ensures effective implementation of new production methods, techniques, equipment and connected solutions for the Oil & Gas, Chemical and Pharma industries.
· Pilot, incubate, iterate, and fail fast to develop and launch new and profitable business models for UOP in UK & Europe.
· Support expansion of successful new business models from UK to other regions supporting EMEA wide strategies.
· Develop UOP Europe strategic plans that enable businesses to grow faster than their markets
· Define marketing and business development strategies aligned to the strategic plan.
· Liaises with Customers about IT Connected offerings (CPS Connected Process Solutions) to clarify IT related needs like Cyber Security & Process reliability & optimization & customization of IOT offerings to the Europe, African & CIS markets.
· Align functional plans with the strategic plan. Lead integrated cross-functional teams to execute plan to drive outstanding financial results.
· Lead regional marketing team to develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability
· Develop forward looking product/service plans that enable profitable growth into the future.
· Identify cross-selling opportunities that fully utilize the breadth of Honeywell’s product and service offerings across all businesses.
· Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products.
· Develop and implement all marketing department standards, policies and procedures.
· Hire, assess, develop and grow strategic marketing organization globally.
· Build world class marketing capabilities, processes and tools.
· Use management operating system to drive results.
· Lead the regional marketing team to develop and maintain a strategic plan for business growth including:
· Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by market and product segment.
· Identification and evaluation of organic growth strategies by product line, globally.
· Identification and evaluation of inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliance, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan.
· Fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
· Creation of a prioritized strategic technology development plan for the business.
· Development of regional strategic plans to expand globally.
YOU MUST HAVE
· BSc degree in Chemical Engineering with experience in Marketing or Sales in the Oil and Gas industry
· Deep understanding, or experience of working within the Gas Processing, Refining and/or Petrochemical industry
· Extensive experience of marketing / technology including Digital product development and launch and/or Global B2B Marketing
· Power generation, Power Distribution, Distributed Generation, and/or Utility industry experience
· Ability to perform financial analysis to help make business decisions
· Strong business aptitude and interest; understanding and application of basic marketing frameworks
· Experience with the implementation of new business development and marketing initiatives that lead to profitable growth
· Proven track record of successful implementation (on time and on budget) of technology or marketing programs
· Financial sales experience, pay-for-performance, and/or performance contracting sales experience
· Ability to influence multi-functional teams without a direct reporting relationship
· Strong execution and deadline focus
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Good judgement and decision making
· Strong desire to win
· A Highly-motivated self-starter
· Fluency in English
· An additional MBA in Marketing or finance is considered ideal
· Knowledge of UOP Technologies and Engineered Products
· Multi lingual desirable
· The position requires significant travel and the associated personal flexibility.
Please apply via the Honeywell website: www.honeywell.com
ExemptLead development and launch of regional NPI and BTI initiatives.Pilot, incubate, iterate, and fail fast to develop and launch new and profitable business models forDevelop UOP Europe strategic plans that enable businesses to grow faster than their markets.
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req188245
- Category: Marketing
- Location: Liongate, LadyMead, Guildford, SURREY GU1 1AT GBR