Project Engineer- Process
Reference G1172 Location Montrose, Scotland Sector Engineering Salary Attractive
NRL Opportunity; Process Project Engineer- Montrose.
Our client currently has a requirement for a Project Engineer to be based on their site in Montrose on an on-going contract to, to provide FEED Front end Engineering Design support service to the EPCM Group & GSK Projects team as part of a client site based EPCM Engineering, procurement, Construction Group.
This role would suit a Graduate from a Process back ground that has or has previous experience in a Project life cycle environment.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Process Engineer has a number of key responsibilities to the Project Team:
- To communicate with all other project team members
- To ensure that his/her work is addressed through all phases of the Project life cycle; in particular, that all his/her Business Area requirements are taken into account prior to submission and ensure that they are covered within the Project Estimate.
- To ensure that all activities within this responsibility are undertaken on time to allow the smooth progression throughout the Project from Initiation to Handover.
- To influence the design, to ensure that the new or modified plant is capable of being operated appropriate to the process.
- Prepare a draft Process Flow Diagram.
- Provide recommendations on the selection of all process equipment.
- Provide recommendations on the materials of construction for all process plant, in accordance with any relevant design and safety documentation.
- Estimate all utility capacity requirements, with full consideration of all standards on utility supplies.
- As far as is practicable, design plant for containment.
- Assist with the preparation of the Process Control Philosophy
- Assist in the area classification of the plant
- Assist in the preparation of the safety screening report and Project Safety File
- Other Project Support works but not limited to -
- Preparation of front end project documentation including URB, Scope, EHS Screening
- Project FEED studies
- Compliance and awareness of site standards – Health & Safety, LSOPs, GES, GQP etc
- Review and management of client budget requests
- Client presentation of project proposals
- Produce high level budget costs and schedules
- Preparation of slides for CAPEX
- Technical input into site projects
- Produce vendor scope/RFP, review of vendor proposals, vendor interviews and selection
- Attend and contribute to weekly Project Planning meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree Qualified in a relevant Engineering Discipline, Preferably from Process or Chemical Sector
- Exposure of working in a busy customer focussed and ever changing environment, which requires flexibility in working within EPCM / Projects area of the business.
- Experience in FEED Front end engineering design & costing to help support & prepare +/- 50% estimates for Sponsor approval. Provide Process support on front end on technical & process issues.