Experienced Technical Concepts Manager within Hydrogen
Do you wish to play a pivotal role in delivering on Europe’s fastest growing energy company’s ambition to create a business within green hydrogen?
Join us and become Technical Concepts Manager in our Hydrogen department, where you’ll lead our efforts in conceptual design and optimisation of water electrolysis plants for production of green hydrogen using renewable power. The department is an integral part of our offshore wind business unit, and you’ll be involved from the early stages of project development, through concept selection, engineering, tendering, construction and commissioning. In addition, you’re expected to lead the continuous build-up of our technical knowledge and capabilities to support our hydrogen activities.
Your key tasks will be to
- drive high level technical design choices in the business case analysis phase of electrolyser asset projects
- lead technical assessment of electrolyser and hydrogen equipment suppliers
- act as project manager of the basic technical design of hydrogen projects, managing interfaces and deliverables of our broader asset project organisation
- lead the continuous refinement of our techno-economical evaluation tools and simulation capabilities across the various stages of a hydrogen electrolysis project
- provide knowledge on the latest trends and facts within water electrolysis and green hydrogen.
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in engineering or science, maybe supplemented by a degree in business administration or finance
- have extensive practical technical experience within electrolyser and hydrogen equipment design, operation and performance evaluation
- are experienced in techno-economic optimisation of plant design and operation
- have a strong network within the electrolysis and hydrogen equipment industry
- are a seasoned project manager capable of leading complex development projects
Furthermore, you have good commercial understanding of financial drivers of asset projects. You’re driven and results-oriented, and you speak and write English fluently, enabling you to present results and insights efficiently. You’re able to handle a range of complex tasks effectively and you take ownership of your areas of responsibility.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 April 2019. We’ll read applications continuously and conduct interviews between mid-March and mid-April 2019.
For Denmark and other countries, please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Christian Nordstrøm, Head of Hydrogen, by telephone on +45 99 55 42 36 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at the offer stage.
Please note that we won’t accept applications by email. For your application to be reviewed, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.