Graduate Chemical Engineer
Fantastic job opportunity for a recent graduate from a Chemistry focused background. Working within a leading, award winning technology business, you will have the opportunity to develop a range of existing products whilst working with a diverse, international customer base. Initially joining on a 6 month internship through the Royal Society of Chemistry, the intention will be to transition into a permanent position upon completion.
Salary & Package: £25,000 to £29,000 as an initial salary guideline. Fantastic career progress, this is a varied position which will see you work with a range of leading professionals within the industry.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Award winning, high technology organisation who is at the cutting edge of their sector. The business design a range of temperature mapping applications. This technology can then be applied to machinery to identify emissions and output a range of data to help improve efficiency. Key customers are typically within the aerospace, power generation, and automotive sectors.
- Excellent management structure all from a strong academic background. You will work alongside Harvard, Oxford, and Imperial alumni to help learn and develop new ideas and research techniques.
- Fantastic career prospects. This is truly a great opportunity for those with an interest in Chemistry.
- Potential opportunity to work overseas and visit customer sites, this includes Europe, the US and in the Far East. Flexibility to travel will therefore be important to this role.
This job will suit:
- A Graduate from a Chemistry focused background. Alternatively it may suit a Materials Science or Engineering background. Masters would be an advantage but we would consider Bachelors too.
- Analytically focused with a key eye for detail. Someone who wants to explore how a product functions and help develop new applications and ideas for improvement.
- Any exposure into working within a Lab environment would be an advantage. Someone who is familiar with the practices and has a genuine passion for science.
- Experience with solution chemistry and synthesis techniques such as sol-gel
- Experience with formulation chemistry including the manufacture of paints/coatings
- Knowledge of phosphorescence, phosphor materials and/or thermographic phosphors
The job will involve:
- Development, production and analysis of material products, including luminescent pigments through solution processing methods, and paints/coatings required for commercial projects.
- Carrying out a range of duties focused around X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR), electron microscopy (SEM) and thermal analysis (TA). There is a strong emphasis on laboratory-based work.
- Significant involvement with customer projects will be expected, including implementation of the technology in collaboration with industrial customers and the improvement of the technology based on the specific feedback requirements and in collaboration with the rest of the team (materials and instrumentation development).
Closing Date: April 29th 2019
This job is commutable from Greater London, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood, Dartford.