INNOVATE HIGH-PURITY, HIGH-PERFORMANCE CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS
Why you would want this role?
Performance Materials and Technologies is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. We develop and manufacture advanced materials and process technologies used in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally-friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging.
What are we looking for?
A challenging opportunity for a Chemical Engineer in the Technology Services Department, which involves providing technical service to support the startup and operation of our licensed and non-licensed technology to internal and external customers for Gasoline Technologies (Naphtha Hydrotreating, CCR Platforming, Semi-regenerative Platforming and Light Naphtha Isomerization). Ensuring customer happiness with UOP processes and products, understanding customers' needs, developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, and looking for opportunities for further UOP business are the main aspects of the role. The role suits a strong problem solver, able to manage his/her own time and efforts, a keen learner, someone comfortable working both independently and with cross-departmental teams, and having good communication skills. The role will include regular interaction with UOP's external customers within the region and with UOP personnel worldwide and you should be able to handle in depth technical discussions with peers and customers. The Technology Specialist will work closely with the Regional Service Managers and other Technology Specialists worldwide to share expertise with our customers. You will work under the guidance of the Manager, Technology Services - EAFSU and will maintain close communication and interaction with Des Plaines Technology Services Managers. The position will be based in Guildford, UK.
What you will be doing?
- You will evaluate commercial operations, through remote monitoring or on-site troubleshooting, to assist customers in achieving their goals and effectively communicating UOP recommendations, requirements and benefits.
- You will provide technical support for new unit start-ups and turn-around support on catalyst changeout of UOP licensed units.
- You will mentor less experienced engineers.
- You will develop and present training materials for UOP technology training courses and general operating, and process technology manuals.
- You will also develop yield estimates, assisting in preparation of Technical Proposals and participating in customer meetings to support catalyst reload or revamp opportunities.
- You will champion changes and improvements in technologies supported via innovation.
- You will participate in Engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, PFD, P&ID, HAZOP, Model Reviews, and other activities.
- University education in Chemical Engineering.
- Broad refinery experience, either with UOP or Refiner, providing a good all-round knowledge of refining technologies, their equipment and operations
- Experience with Semi-Regen and CCR Reforming
- Ability to travel upto 25%
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to handle the extensive customer contact that the position demands.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adjust to changing priorities.
- Good problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Good computer software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD60058
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Liongate, LadyMead, Guildford, SURREY GU1 1AT GBR