Chemical Process Engineer
CDS Recruitment are looking to talk to interested and suitable experienced Chemical Process Engineer who lives or will relocate to East Sussex.
Candidates must have:
Qualifications: Degree level (Chemical or Process Engineering or related discipline) and/or extensive related work experience. Ideally Chartered Engineer
Experience: proven experience working in a Fine Chemicals or Pharmaceutical Top Tier COMAH manufacturing environment; Engineering Design, Project Engineering and Project Management experience in chemical and related industries
Main overview of the role:
• To provide support and assistance to the Chemicals Site in the East Sussex site on all aspects of process safety
• Ensure engineering standards are fully implemented and maintained at sites, provide relevant guidance and support to site engineering team
• To assist in the scoping, design, installation & commissioning of new projects
• Energy management
• Lead Process Safety Management closely liaising with and supporting Engineering teams;
• Oversee and control an effective and up to date hazard identification and risk assessment programme (HazID, HazOp, LOPA, SIL);
• Oversee the management of process safety risk across the Site
• Oversee suitable and demonstrable design and effective implementation of risk reduction measures to “as low as reasonably practicable” in reference to our clients tolerated event frequencies;
• Liaise with authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure legal compliance;
• Ensure ongoing compliance with the Safety Reports;
• Ensure the effective design and functioning of and response to Process Safety
• Implementation & control of the Technical Library
• Performance Indicators, prepare monthly reports to the Site Manager
• Keep abreast of legislative and technical changes with potential to affect the operation of the business, where appropriate report on relevant issues with recommendations and guidance on actions to be taken.
• Conduct regular audits of sites to monitor site performance against standards
• Identify any areas in which sites are not compliant with standards and suggest solutions and improvements
• To assist in the development of new plant and processes. Identify necessary process plant and produce estimated project costs.
• Perform and / or assist the design and installation of new projects as required, ensuring new installations comply with the relevant standards and procedures.
• Propose and implement effective design solutions to address process and production needs.
• Produce regular reports showing progress against individual targets
• Provide process safety engineering support and knowledge to site.
• Energy management leadership providing bi-annual reports including recommendations
• Ability to work unsupervised & self-motivated
• Team player and leader
• Flexible approach to work
• Chemicals manufacturing experience
• Manufacturing operational experience including manufacturing improvement and delivery of measurable business benefits.
• Experienced & effective problem solver, leading problem-solving teams both cross-functional and within Production, Engineering and Technical functions providing analytical solutions & effective actions
• Sound knowledge of manufacturing improvement strategies and approaches (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA etc.)
• Financial awareness for cost and budgeting control
• Good planning skills
• Knowledge and experience of relevant H&S and Environmental Legislation
• Experience of batch & continuous distillation processes operations
• Practical experience in a process industry environment
• Engineering requirements of the COMAH regulations
For the right candidate :
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• Pension scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank and public holidays