Regional Support Executive – Fixed term contract
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, IChemE advances chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of around 37,000 members in 100 countries.
We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia.
We support our members in applying their expertise and experience to make an influential contribution to solving major global challenges, and are the only organisation to award Chartered Chemical Engineer status and Professional Process Safety Engineer registration. We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2020.
The Regions team engage with our IChemE membership and support their development through managing relationships with local chemical engineering employers and universities and building the links with local members. They support our Member Group and Special Interest Group activities as well as assisting members, students, volunteers, employers and key industry contacts on their IChemE membership journey.
We are looking for a professional, confident and client focussed Regional Support Executive to take responsibility during a period of maternity cover for all member engagement and support activities across the South Midlands, South East, South West and South Wales
Educated to degree level; you will have proven experience working in a business development environment to influence members, students, volunteers and key industrial contacts to grow our membership. Ideally you will be commercially focussed, have an understanding of professional membership bodies and have a demonstrable ability to develop and manage customer relationships in a technical environment.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Foster and develop links with employers to increase engagement with IChemE activities; support the implementation of a key account management strategy including record maintenance and reporting
- Provide proactive support and promote activities of interest
- Identify and develop member and business development opportunities
- Regular visits to and interaction with multiple customer types companies, volunteer groups etc.) in order to promote products and services including presentations to large groups
- Responsible for membership engagement and recruitment in the region, leading presentations and workshops where appropriate
- Assist with coordination of events, marketing & engagement with corporate contacts linked to Member groups and their Member Group dinners
- Regular visits to and interaction with university staff and students across the current 33 chemical engineering departments together with other opportunities at other universities, in order to promote student membership being the foundation stone for IChemE membership
- Delivering presentations to all years within chemical engineering departments especially first years and finalists
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby office however the successful candidate will be required to undertake extensive business travel within their designated regions and a full, clean UK driving licence will be required. This is the perfect role for anyone looking for travel and networking opportunities.
This is a full-time role initially for a fixed term period of 12 months to cover maternity leave however this could be extended depending on the length of leave required. The role is 37.5 hours per week working Monday through to Friday.
Starting salary will be in the region of £30,000 - £33,500 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email our HR team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
The closing date for all applications is close of business Friday 5 April 2019. Interviews are likely to take place w/c 15 April 2019 at our Rugby office.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs