Our well established, independent Process Engineering Consultancy client serves the pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries. It’s year on year growth and success is based upon strong partnerships with a wide range of manufacturing clients in the UK and Europe. These include major footsie 100 operators as well as medium sized and small organisations within the Chemicals , Fine chemicals , Pharma and Biochemical sectors many producing within the constraints of COMAH and GMP .
The business is ‘Process Led', offering a comprehensive range of Process Engineering Design expertise and experience, with integrated support for Process Safety, Project and Construction Management, 3D Piping Design and Electrical Controls and Instrumentation. Most of our client’s team are Chartered Chemical Engineers excelling on challenging projects that require a real depth of knowledge around core Unit Operations, and in particular Reaction, Filtration, Mixing/Blending and Drying.
Reporting to the Projects and Engineering Director, the role will be responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of smaller projects but you will also be expected to work with the project managers on larger projects to aid successful delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to orchestrate the discipline engineers in order to achieve project delivery within time, cost and quality constraints and should have a track record of successful project delivery within a design / consultancy environment.
* Engineering degree or equivalent recognised by an Institution, Chartered Engineer
* Project Management qualified, APM, Prince 2, PMI or equivalent – or working towards such
* Understanding of the works to be delivered by the individual disciplines within a project such that they can plan work to achieve the project goals
* Significant experience of a project role within a design office or a consultancy company
* Good subject knowledge of chemical/fine chemical /pharma / biochemical process plants.
* An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company, report writing and other written work to be completed appropriately.
* Experience of operations & projects within a GMP environment would be very beneficial
* Proficient in MS Office suite including, MS Project, Excel and Word.
* A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
* A competent, highly organised individual who motivates others and pays strict attention to detail.
* Team player, personable and able to build relationships quickly, ability to communicate within a project team environment
* Self-motivated with a positive outlook
* Well presented, business-like, reliable, and tolerant and determined to succeed
* Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability
* The individual is to recognise that delivery of work to time, budget and quality is essential for the profitability of the company. Also, the individual is to be aware that Client interaction has a positive impact on the award of future work to the company;
* Logical thinker, with the ability to develop new skills to solve new challenges
* Self-awareness, conscious of personal levels of competence, with the ability to identify and call upon additional resources when these are exceeded.
* Legally permitted to live and work in the UK. Good written and spoken English.
* UK Driving Licence.
* Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel for up to a few days a month within the UK.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail mark.stracey @outlook.com or call for an initial confidential telephone discussion on 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business