Position: Process Engineer
Location: Croydon, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 8:40 to 16:50
Salary: £31 to 40k depending on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension, staff bonus, share purchase scheme, life insurance, reward scheme and flexible Friday scheme.
About the role:
The Process Engineer will be responsible for organising, validating and managing the integration and compliance of new equipment / techniques following initial evaluation stage; and demonstrate and maintain process capability. You will also use data collated from analysis techniques to fingerprint the processes, problem solve and lead product improvement and new process improvement opportunities; generate and maintain technical documentation such as FMEA, control / validation plans and process flow and establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensure that all processes developed comply with Company & regulatory requirements
- With the site SHE Compliance Manager, ensure all process activities comply with Company & regulatory requirements through effective audit & checking routines
- Through the Setter Teams, ensure that machine changeover activities comply with all internal H&S requirements
- Provide effective support & assistance to the Shift Team Managers in the pursuing of SQDCP targets
- Working with the Area Managers, ensure that product specifications & process capabilities are matched through the effective use of Plant process data & product quality information provided by the Process Quality Manager
- Responsible for facilitating Root Cause Investigations arising from internal NC data or external Customer complaints, by following the Zotefoams Production System Root Cause Problem Solving Methodology, and completing the relevant documentation
- Assist Facilitators with RCPS investigations by contributing to Root Cause Analysis and subsequent actions
- Working with the Technical Product Representative, develop & implement standardised process running specifications & operating procedures for new product development, new RM supplier, or the installation of new / different equipment
- Monitor adherence to standard, and take appropriate action to any deviation from the standard
- Carry out scheduled capability Studies to determine process capability
- Develop / review PFMEA’s and Work Flow Diagrams
- Coordinate improvement projects arising from quality data as provided by the Process Quality Manager and / or scheduled reviews
- Coordinate improvement projects arising from capability studies to improve stability, variation or cantering of the process
- Coordinate / facilitate improvement projects arising from the OPEX programme
- Act as the primary contact in product or material development activity and continuity of trialling resource provision to the Technical Department
- Degree qualified in a chemical engineering or materials science related subject
- Good written & spoken English required
- Relevant experience in manufacturing / engineering environment. Ideally will have quality / process control experience
- Good people & interpersonal skills. Able to develop good and effective relationships required to control a complex process
- Good computer skills. High level excel required. Access+ formal quality tools (Minitab) highly desirable
- Data bases problem solver
- Work under own initiative. Able to make decisions, to set & meet deadlines and objectives
Zotefoams plc designs and manufactures specialised foam products for a world of everyday applications.
For nearly 100 years we have created solutions that enable our customers to become more competitive, profitable and sustainable. Our leadership position today is based on our portfolio of differentiated products, our technological excellence and our exceptional people.
Looking forward, our products will provide solutions in a resource-constrained world with a population that is getting older, healthier and wealthier, by helping to save energy, reduce waste, improve safety standards and keep people active.
You may have experience of the following: Process Engineer, Shift Process Engineer, Quality Control, SPC, HNC, HND, Shift Process Coordinator, Extrusion, Foam, Foam Technologies, Sample Control, Inventory Management, Stock Control, Technical Administrator, Data Processor, Scientific Administrator, etc.
- Contact: Candidate Services
- Reference: Totaljobs/00326958
- Job ID: 85729625