Posted Date: Dec 16 2020
- Monitoring and Support of Fermentors, Bioreactors, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Glasswashers, UF skids, Chromatography skids, Air Handling Units, WFI stills, Reverse Osmosis skids etc.
- Engineer solutions and manage projects involving retrofits, optimization and acquisition of process systems
- Manage several projects simultaneously to quality, budget and schedule constraints
- Assist in resolving technical issues with equipment and production processes
- Support investigations as required
- Develop engineering specifications, policies and procedures
- Work with other manufacturing support groups to implement and maintain engineering systems, execute projects and communicate the status of operations
- Manage/Lead small project teams
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Participate in a sampling of L1 Self Inspections for the area(s) of responsibility.
- Capable of interacting with other groups to execute projects
- Supervisory experience desired
- Independently initiates proactive solutions
- Maintain and document all cGMP equipment/system modifications and upgrades through approved change control methods
- Capable of generating and maintaining system life cycle documentation (Drawings, Design Files, FRS, SDDS, etc)
- Proficient at assembling project budgets
- Familiar with industry standards and trends
- Capable of managing a project utilizing project management tools such as MS Project, etc.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding of equipment, instrumentation, and materials of construction to design, specify, procure, start-up, fully commission and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Capable of performing risk assessment and FMEA
- Creates and implements corporate (across all campuses) engineering policies, procedures, guidelines and SOP’s
- Capable of effectively negotiating contracts, bids, and change orders with vendors or contractors for complex equipment or systems
- Proficient at producing detailed engineering reports that provide viable and cost effective alternatives for equipment or systems of moderate to complex design
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant process engineering experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Technology Transfers, Technical Risk Assessments, and Product Control Strategies.
- Clear awareness of process safety risks.
- Demonstrated understanding of the product development process.
- Able to evaluate potential innovative technology areas relevant to products.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.