Our client provides premier quality Operations, Management and Maintenance solutions. Developed in the 1990s, our client is a world class OM&M service provider. Offering exciting and challenging positions with a strong focus on teamwork. Our client believes that people are a key asset to the business and provide excellent training and support to workers.
This job description details responsibilities for the Lead Process Engineer (Discipline Manager), reporting to the Engineering and Projects Manager.
It is the responsibility of the Lead Process Engineer (Discipline Manager) to manage delivery of defined engineering tasks for different projects to the highest standards complying with legal obligations and client statement of requirements. In addition the role involves supporting the development of proposals for new business opportunities, provision of consultancy services and line management of responsible team.
- Where required perform the role of ‘Lead Engineer’ for appropriate projects and assign resource in line with the scope of work and as-sold budgets.
- Delivery on time in full for responsible scope.
- Accountability for team process design, ensuring design is in line with client statement of requirements.
- Be conversant with and ensure compliance to UK legislation, Company policies, Procedures and Instructions.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and problem solving expertise for process problems.
- Resource management within the Process Discipline. Providing inputs to MPPs, acting as Hiring Manager, recruitment and also conducting performance reviews for staff personnel.
- Assessing competence within the process discipline.
- Provide Design Assurance for responsible discipline ensuring Process Design Safety practices have been implemented into responsible scope. Also provide on-going technical support to projects and team.
- Ensure control and management of key process deliverables i.e. P&IDs.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise for the specification, design and purchase of tagged items.
- Make decisions involving technical issues, budget considerations, project schedules and safety with a minimum of supervision.
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, work instructions, standards and guidance documents.
- Support the development of proposal and delivery for new business opportunities, including due diligence and consultancy.
- Carry out discipline audits ensuring full compliance with quality procedures within process discipline.
- Degree in Process Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer status.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Senior/ Lead Engineer experienced in the delivery of process design deliverables for projects at various stages within the project life-cycle including Pre-FEEDs, FEEDs and EPC within chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and gas, and power generation industries.
- Responsibilities include:
- Development & implementation of strategies, projects & initiatives.
- Design, support, troubleshooting & management of change.
- Development & implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Team management and development.
- Budgetary preparation & control.
- Supports business development.
- Contract management.
- Provide Design Assurance.
- knowledge & application of:
- COMAH and MAHs
- Hazardous areas
- Hazid/Hazop/ SIL/ Area Classification
- Process Design standards
- Process safety calculations
- Pipeline modelling
- Hours of work – Days. Additional hours in line with business requirements.
- Prepared to travel / stay overnight, to complete responsibilities.
- Contributes to secondments/projects.
- Right to work in the UK.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.