Our client, a large oil and gas operator, is seeking a Junior Process Engineer for a contract role in Calgary, AB.
Job Purpose & Objective
• The objective of this role is to support the LOPC Reduction Sitewide Initiative.
Goal is to eliminate LOPCs and API Process Safety events from failures due to freezing dead leg and wet lines
• The Process Engineer will report into the process safety department and tasked with identifying process lines without heat trace and insulation that have the potential to have water in them, identify design and operational deficiencies and provide solutions to correct those deficiencies. Requirements
• Operations experience in a Refinery, Upgrader or Chemical Plants.
• Experience with Plant walk downs and identifying lines and equipment in the field.
• Proficient in MS Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• BS Chemical Engineering or Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology
Personal Attributes & Skills:
• High degree of Process Safety mindset and demonstrated behaviors
• Ability to gather data and provide additional insights not previously identified by project.
• Ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organization. Ability to work with other stakeholders and obtain necessary information required to complete given task.
• Solid organization skills and attention to details
• Self-starter, self-motivated, persistent and strong determination to deliver.
• Ability to work with little or minimal supervision. Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex/ technical information to general employee population.
• Recognize sense of urgency in communicating information to the appropriate parties.
• Team oriented and strong collaboration skills. Demonstration of a “can do” attitude.
• Ability to share information and best practices from previous experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.