TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced Process Engineering Lead to be based in Qatar/other locations has just been made available by a leading company.
- Ensure that the assigned projects tasks are well managed as per the statement of requirement, COMPANY specifications and contractual requirements,
- Ensure that all the interfaces with the design team are correctly managed,
- Ensure that the projects are executed in accordance with the organisation’s safety regulations, with quality conformance and within schedule.
- Deliver a good engineering dossier for FEED and future detailed engineering phases,
- Ensure efficient communication with all other COMPANY engineering and functional team members,
- Provide thorough and efficient engineering documentation review, comments and follow-up,
- Follow-up of internal technical reviews (Project technical reviews, SPOT, etc.)
The Process/Flow Assurance Engineer is based in Major Projects premises during early stages period and later possibility at Engineering CTR premises during studies development.
The Job holder belongs to the engineering team and reports directly to the Engineering Manager Major Projects. In the future, he may have to lead a small process engineering team made of local or expatriate engineers.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSEQ procedures in all activities
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to Process (i.e process/utilities) systems for the Major Projects by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable). The scope of activities will both concern green field (new development) as well as brownfield activities (on existing platforms). The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, Corporate standard and HSEQ regulation, international codes, BV and SOLAS applicable rules,
- Review and analysis of existing facilities, submission of request for information (RFI) to incumbent operator in view of getting data related to process data,
- Developed FEED scope in line with Pre-Project and Statement of Requirements, ensure consistency in various FEED documentations and deliverables and ITT documents.
- Assist Planning & Development team members in addressing the process concerns and queries, when required,
- Supervision, control, review and co-ordination of Process Engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project.
- Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the dynamic simulation calculations reports, P&IDs, datasheets, material selection, control and safety philosophies, sizing calculations, H&M balances, etc…
- To define, follow up and evaluate the process discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors,
- To monitor process discipline studies during all engineering phases (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
- Identification of any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of concept design,
- To promote alternatives for process design to reduce and to optimise the offshore installations weight,
- To supervise and promote cost-saving solutions in the design of the offshore installations,
- Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement,
- Ensure that design is standardized across the various wellhead platforms and is cost effective, in line with management strategy
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/REX from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance,
- Participate actively in the making of technical decisions, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors,
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance to contract documents finalization,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to Process issues,
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required,
- To participate in the HAZID / HAZOP / SPOT / Project Technical reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams,
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PTR, HAZOP, etc…),
- To contribute to the engineering interfaces,
- To ensure detailed progress reporting to project management,
- To assist project management team to reply to various correspondence in providing technical support,
- To participate in technical reviews as appropriate at the pre-project and FEED stages,
- To carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise,
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Major Projects involve development of new offshore platforms, installation of subsea pipelines and debottlenecking of the produced water treatment, all these activities could be executed in several international sites. Projects will require complex interfaces with other entities of COMPANY.
- Engineering development should take place in Doha – Qatar,
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions to follow-up engineering development with various contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Master degree in process system engineering,
- Experience: minimum 5 years’ experience as Lead Process Eng. in process field in Oil and Gas activities. Extensive experience in process engineering and flow assurance with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Experience in offshore facilities at conceptual and pre-FEED stage is preferred.
- Available for technical missions worldwide.
- Familiar with Total General Specifications and relevant codes and standards,
- Language: Fluent English.
- Computer literate, especially in process simulation.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this job opportunity!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.