Regional Support Executive
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, IChemE advances chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of around 37,000 members in 100 countries.
We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia.
We support our members in applying their expertise and experience to make an influential contribution to solving major global challenges and are the only organisation to award Chartered Chemical Engineer status and Professional Process Safety Engineer registration. We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2020.
The Regions team engage with IChemE members and support their development through building relationships with chemical engineering employers, universities and local members. The team support our Member Group and Special Interest Group activities as well as assisting members, students, volunteers, employers and key industry contacts throughout the duration of their membership with IChemE.
We are looking for a professional, confident and client focussed Regional Support Executive to take responsibility for all member engagement and support activities in Scotland and Ireland. There may also be the requirement to travel to the north of England to undertake duties in areas such as Cumbria or Tyneside.
Educated to degree level; you will have proven experience working in a business development environment to influence members, students, volunteers and key industrial contacts to grow our membership. Ideally you will be commercially focussed, have an understanding of professional membership bodies and have a demonstrable ability to develop and manage customer relationships in a technical environment.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Foster and develop links with employers to increase engagement with IChemE activities; support the implementation of a key account management strategy including record maintenance and reporting
- Provide proactive support and promote activities of interest
- Identify and develop member and business development opportunities
- Regular visits to and interaction with multiple customer types companies, volunteer groups etc) in order to promote products and services including presentations to large groups
- Responsible for membership engagement and recruitment in the region, leading presentations and workshops where appropriate
- Assist with coordination of events, marketing & engagement with corporate contacts linked to Member groups and their Member Group dinners
- Regular visits to and interaction with university staff and students across the current 33 chemical engineering departments together with other opportunities at other universities, in order to promote student membership being the foundation stone for IChemE membership
- Delivering presentations to all years within chemical engineering departments especially first years and finalists
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby office; however applications are also welcomed from candidates in the Scotland location where the post holder could potentially work from home. The successful candidate will be required to undertake extensive business travel within UK, Scotland and Ireland and a full, clean UK driving licence will be required. This is the perfect role for anyone looking for travel and networking opportunities.
This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week working Monday through to Friday.
Starting salary will be in the region of £30,000 - £33,500 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email our HR team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
The closing date for all applications is close of business Tuesday 19 February 2019. Interviews are likely to take place w/c 4 March 2019 at our Rugby office.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs