Insurance Risk Engineer – Heavy Industries (Metals, Machinery and Power)
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard Insurance sector where it is involved in cover associated with a variety of sectors including oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, metals, mining, maritime, mass- transport and so on. The highly successful business offers additional advisory services on a range of Insurance issues such as risk mitigation and BI management .Its major Gulf hub is enjoying significant client support and growth throughout the region.
Our client is seeking an engineer with very significant Industry experience, primarily in Steel or Aluminium processing who also has substantial exposure to power plant and machinery. The successful candidate is likely to be a degree qualified Mechanical or Chemical Engineer and to have worked in the metal processing industry for at least 10 years; they would have excellent knowledge of process operations, maintenance and process safety management. The successful candidate will function as the engineering representative on key accounts, supporting our client executive and broking teams with technical analysis and insights. A key part of the role will be conducting Underwriting Surveys whose output will be a description of the facilities, an analysis of loss control features and engineering/financial based loss analysis; other key deliverables include the production and delivery of training packages and contributing to BCM and ERM type studies.
As well as a process Operations/Production background, it is essential that the candidates also bring significant experience/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Process Safety
- Inspection/Asset Integrity/Condition surveys
- Maintenance, or Inspection/Asset Integrity.
- Business Interruption /Consequential Loss
- Additional experience in a construction/project execution type role is also an advantage, but not essential.
General Attributes /Location /Core Requirements
For all of the roles the following attributes would be beneficial but are not essential
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in French
All of the roles have core requirements
- They involve 60-80 nights away per year.
- Written and Verbal Communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work at all levels within a client Organisation. Production of the Underwriting report following a survey is a key skill.
- The ability to lead a team of insurance engineers to conduct Underwriting Surveys, typically between 2 and 5 day duration at client sites.
- For key sites or large sites extended surveys of 2 weeks are sometimes required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- The positions are available on generous local terms .In addition to the salary( range quoted), there is an allowance for housing and all medical and travel costs will be met .
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to:
Mark Stracey Recruitment
Call 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment Business and Employment Agency
Apply for Insurance Risk Engineer – Heavy Industries (Metals, Machinery and Power)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly