Client Technical Services Manager – Process Catalysts
When you become part of the client’s team, your opportunities are endless. They are a leading global engineering, construction, and Services Company. Their Technology capability specializes in developing, licensing and servicing energy-efficient and cost-effective process technologies that provide economic and technical advantages to global oil and gas, petrochemical and refinery companies. With thousands of successful projects worldwide, the business combines its technology expertise with full engineering, procurement, construction and on-going plant technical services to help clients maximize the value of their assets.
Our clients Technology offers a breadth of technology licenses, proprietary process equipment and plant technical services for Olefins, Refining, Ammonia/Fertilizer/Synthesis Gas, Coal Gasification and Organic Chemicals. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, they offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects.
The Client technical Services Manager –Catalysts position resides within the Global Plant Technical Services Business of our client’s Technology group based in Surrey, near London. The appointee will be a primary point of contact for delivery of catalyst life cycle management services for clients located in Europe region that employs our clients Proprietary Process Technologies.
The overall responsibilities include leading Catalyst Life Cycle Services business development and executing services to clients in alignment with regional business growth plans. This person will need to maintain strong client relationships within the customers' organization in order to create a trusted advisor status for our client’s Technology in helping its licensees achieve safe, reliable and profitable top-tier plant operations by positioning itself as a preferred single-stop supplier of comprehensive Plant Technical Services.
The roles, responsibilities, qualifications and experience for this position are as follows:
Roles & Responsibilities: Home Office
- Comply with home office safety and security requirements.
- Strategize and execute client relationship management with an intent to position as the preferred catalyst and catalyst life cycle services requirements supplier
- Strategize, lead and execute client relationship management in order to explore services business opportunities with targeted clients in the assigned region.
- Deliver business revenue/profit targets for catalyst life cycle services for the assigned region.
- Effective management of interfaces with business Sales, Technology PSLs, Engineering & Project Operations, Proprietary Equipment (PEQ) and Automation & Process Technology (APT) teams.
- Set up client’s data base that captures key aspects of all client interactions including past and future business opportunities.
- Continuously improve client engagement models and work processes through leveraging lessons learned from services delivery in order to maximize client value, customer satisfaction and profit margins.
- Carry out data analysis based on inputs from client site visits.
- Generate periodic catalyst performance/ optimization reports for clients.
- Prepare comprehensive weekly status reports covering client site visits and associated services delivery.
- Proactively create customer success/value creation stories which can be used as references to support the process of acquiring future clients for the continued growth of the Catalyst Services Business.
Roles & Responsibilities: Client Site
- Comply with all the site safety and security requirements.
- Execute client relationship management and position as the preferred catalyst life cycle services provider and catalyst supplier for plant operators who use our client Proprietary process technologies.
- Understand and provide solutions to troubleshoot client catalyst issues.
- Gather client/ market intelligence to promote catalyst services business.
- Periodically share the data analysis reports highlighting areas requiring (catalyst) operations attention.
- Help client optimize catalytic reactor performance.
- Provide start-up assistance of catalytic reactors as needed..
- Participate in the delivery of plant operations training courses on behalf of the Technology Training Services Team, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelors of Engineering degree specializing in Chemical Engineering awarded by a recognizable University.
- Extensive experience in operating and providing plant engineering related services for a world scale process facility. Experience in plant pre-commissioning/ commissioning and technical services will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Services/ Sales of catalyst in one of the major catalyst companies serving the hydrocarbon process industry.
- Proven client engagement and services delivery experience for process technology services, engineering services, equipment and/or automation etc.
- Experience specifying technical service offerings and/or process engineering services required.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills; written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Need to have a flare for developing client relations with a pro-active attitude to go the extra mile to deliver quality client services in a timely manner.
- International work experience or part of the work experience outside one’s home country preferred (but not essential).
- Willing to travel domestic and international, 80% – 100% as needed.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer software products required and experience with process simulation tools, process data historian preferred.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey Recruitment at email@example.com or call Mark Stracey for an initial confidential discussion on 01303 812433
Apply for Client Technical Services Manager – Process Catalysts
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly