Operations Process Engineer
Biogen is the UK’s leader in anaerobic digestion (AD) and one of the largest independent AD operators in the UK. Having recently expanded its food waste recycling network through acquisition, it has a combined network of thirteen AD plants and six composting sites located across England, Scotland and Wales that provide cost-effective, low carbon, food and organic waste management solutions. Working with supermarkets, the hospitality industry, food manufacturers and local authorities across the UK, the AD sites recycle over half a million tonnes of food waste each year.
Location: Milton Parc, Bedfordshire & Operational Sites
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Circa £55k pa + car + Bonus
Benefits: 3% pension; 25 days holiday pa, increasing to max 27 days
About the role:
Provide and drive process engineering knowledge, support and leadership across all operational sites and Capital projects. Provide process engineering support to Regional and Site Managers to understand and resolve process difficulties and bottlenecks, and to develop and establish Best Practice.
- Promote and ensure excellent standards of health and safety.
- Assist the Operations Director, Director of Compliance and Safety Manager in driving continuous improvements in safety culture and standards across all Biogen operations.
- Ensure all activities related to the role fully comply with: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and PAS 110 management standards.
- Play a key role in the development of and adherence to Safe Systems of Work and Operating Instructions.
- Ensure Biogen complies fully with all relevant process industry standards and regulations, implementing process safety methodologies as appropriate.
- Assist the Operations Director in leading or providing process engineering support in Hazard & Operability Studies
- Provide & drive process engineering knowledge and leadership across Biogen operations
- Assist the Central Operations Senior Engineer and the Operations Director drive business KPIs
- Process Control – work with the Electrical Engineer to control & develop the PLC and SCADA systems on sites.
- Process Drawings – work with the Operations Projects Manager in ensuring process drawings are correct.
- Support the Central Operations Senior Engineer and the Operations Project Manager by providing process engineering knowledge, support & leadership on the design & Commissioning of Capital improvement projects, & leading certain projects where appropriate
- Ensure all process & engineering modifications under their control fully comply the Control of Change System.
- Provide specialist process engineering input into the Control of Change system
- Drive effective Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) measurements of key equipment, such as CHPs, and deploy cost-effective Lean and Operational Excellence techniques where beneficial
- Travel routinely to all operational sites to review and assess issues and engineering and maintenance performance
- Chemical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent, preferably chartered
- Proven experience in process or chemical industries
- Knowledge and understanding of process design, calculations, specification and commissioning procedures
- Good understanding of Project Management processes
- Conversant with DSEAR, ATEX and other Regulations, codes and standards applicable to the design, construction and operation of process plants
- Experience in programming PLC and SCADA software is advantageous
- Experience in Continuous Improvement. Modern process & manufacturing techniques, such as Lean, 5S, DMAIC, FMEA, SMED, Value Stream Mapping is advantageous
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- NEBOSH or other safety qualifications desirable
- Experience of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001managment systems & following procedure and protocol
You may have experience of the following: Shift Process Engineer, Quality Control, SPC, HNC, HND, Shift Process Coordinator, Extrusion, Foam, Foam Technologies, Sample Control, Inventory Management, Stock Control, Technical Administrator, Data Processor, Scientific Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.