Do you have a keen eye for details? Experienced in analysing processes and driving efficiency? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Process Engineer for our Dunbar plant and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Process Engineer, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company Car
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Process Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience in a similar role (preferably the cement industry) or other relevant industry. You will also be / have knowledge of:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
- IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status.
- Strong IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
- Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
What will I be responsible for?
The role of Process Engineer is focussed on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives. Daily responsibilities will also include:
- Maintaining high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitoring key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conducting day to day and longer term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implementing systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Supporting, and where appropriate leading, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Building and maintaining positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant's goals.
Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Process Engineer!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.