Our Client; the market leader in cement manufacturing and production has a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Process Engineer based at the Dunbar Plant. As the successful Process Engineer you will play a key part in the Optimisation team.
The position is expected to focus on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety
Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives. The main elements of the role are to:
- Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conduct day to day and longer term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant’s goals.
- To track key process parameters used to optimise performance as well as process data and to regularly monitor the parameters relating to plant operation
- To ensure that technical surveys performed on the process are relevant and adequate (heat balance, process audits)
- To make recommendations concerning the modifications to be made on various control parameters or on the process
- To ensure that the site complies with all Regulatory Requirements
- To identify power reduction projects and continually improve and optimise the plant to reduce power, ultimately striving for the plant to achieve the lowest possible power consumption
- To optimise fuel consumption and prioritise the increased use of Waste Derived Fuels (WDF’s) and Alternative Raw Materials (ARM’s) to deliver cost reductions.
- To maintain positive relations with Production and Reliability personnel. To be the site “expert” in process related issues.
- To define instructions and procedures concerning process key parameters and to inform and train operational staff and advise on plant operating techniques (in conjunction with the Production Department).
- To participate and lead process studies and audits which are deemed necessary or which are requested by the line management, with the possible assistance of experts from the technical centre
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
- IChemE associated – working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status.
- 2- 3 years proven experience in process engineering (preferably the cement industry) or other relevant industry.
- IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages Environmental
- awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products/Heavy Industry
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.