Process Safety Lead Consultant
Our client is a highly successful independent process engineering consultancy and contractor serving the chemical, fine chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Growing year on year, its success is based upon strong partnerships with clients (many of them “blue Chip”), in the UK and Europe that continue to thrive after decades of association.
Process and technology driven, our client offers a comprehensive range of process engineering design services and experience with integrated support for process safety, project and construction management and electrical, controls and Instrumentation. Most of our client’s team are chartered chemical engineers who excel on challenging projects that require genuine in-depth technical insight and practical knowledge around all of the core unit operations and in particular reaction ,evaporation, distillation, filtration, mixing/blending and drying.
Our client is looking to identify a process safety manager/ lead consultant to help with a mixture of consultancy and design work across a number of industry sectors. The role will require both time in the office and on a wide variety of client operating sites in order to cover all the aspects of process safety.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced process safety engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of safety design deliverables from concept through to detailed design, and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. They should demonstrate a broad background in process safety / HSE legislation and their application to design projects, and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas.
The process safety lead /manager often operates alone but may be allocated team members should the scope of a project demand it.
- Support Client requests for discrete Process Safety activities, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL, ATEX, DSEAR etc…
- Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of each project are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards.
- Assist in setting HSE Criteria for the project and in the preparation and content of the Process Safety Plan and Environmental Plan.
- To act as the HSE expert for all projects, supporting project management and engineering disciplines with Process Safety concerns and queries
- Carry out the checking of progress against the plan
- Gathering & compiling Process safety and Environmental information
- Establish risk tolerances
- Preparation of a Process Safety Basis
- Execution of Hazard Studies
- Process Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, and Alarm Prioritisation.
- At the end of each project phase, the Process Safety Manager shall ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- Business Development
- Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and/or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and manhour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
- Educated to Degree level in suitable Science / Engineering subject, preferably Chemical Engineering.
- Safety Professional or Principal Engineer level (typical).
- Suitable Professional Qualification, e.g. IChemE Member / Chartered Engineer.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills,
- Advanced time management and organisational skills,
- Leadership skills, with a view to managing people,
- It is important that you can participate in process engineering activities
- UK Driving License.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. Please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call for an initial confidential discussion on 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business
Apply for Process Safety Lead Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly