Process Simulation Software Support Engineer
Our client is an expert services and software company supporting the oil refining and petrochemical industries. A pioneer in the development and use of simulation models and cloud technologies, the business offers process specialists room to grow. Operational experts in consulting, our client develop solutions that positively impact the profitability, safety and environmental performance of their international refining and energy company customers through technological changes and operational efficiencies. In addition to bespoke technical advisory services, our client also owns and develops a market leading suite of proprietary software packages used in downstream development, optimisation and plant on-line management. It is within this simulation and modelling group that this new and exciting role now sits.
Responsibilities associated with the post include:
*Contributing to the day-to-day workload of the Software Support desk .
*Ensuring software and helpdesk support are delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and that client satisfaction is guaranteed
. * Working under the Software Support Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
* Ensuring client’s modelling needs are met and to grow the software business both upstream and downstream in Europe.
* Able to provide technical consulting to projects based workload and experience
* Main support contact for internal and external clients
* Ensuring client’s needs and expectations are met with respect to software, referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
* Analysing data and executing and reviewing process calculations.
* Performing process simulations including model calibration.
* Implementing simulation solutions at client sites – deliver monitoring systems, operational models.
* Technology/simulation specialist in consulting projects.
* Delivering sections or entire software training course independently
. * Participating in software testing and provide feedback.
. *Identifying areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions
. * Assisting with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features
. * Providing support to marketing events; representing our client at industry conferences, present papers.
* BS or MSc degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
* Previous experience of working in a similar role
* Knowledge of refining processes and/or upstream processes with experience in modelling/process modelling
* Plant operational experience is an advantage.
* Familiar with and able to use standard flow sheeting packages.
* Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
* Experience of working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
* Excellent communication skills; the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
* Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
* High level of self-motivation and initiative
* Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
* Requires 20-30% domestic/ international travel per annum for periods of 1-3 weeks per trip
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV with a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment.
E mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01303 812433 for an initial telephone discussion
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business