Graduate Consultant Engineer - Oil & Gas
Available position Consultant Engineer I
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, U.K.
Start date September 2018
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is seeking a graduate level Consultant to work in its Oil & Gas Business Unit. PSE has established the Centre of Expertise for Pressure Relief, Flare and Blowdown within its O&G business unit, which is undergoing rapid growth because of the new technology and thinking we are bringing to Oil & Gas process safety.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of motivated engineers performing model-based safety analysis and delivering solutions to operating and engineering companies using PSE's industry-leading modelling technology. We are active members of American Petroleum Institute (API) standards sub-committee, working in intellectually stimulating and fast-paced working environment with significant career development opportunities which include the opportunity to become a Chartered Engineer.
Consultant: Role Description
A Consultant in the Oil & Gas Unit uses PSE’s advanced process modelling tools, such as gFLARE, to perform dynamic assessments of oil & gas processing facilities and their associated safety systems. In this role you will learn about using advanced process modelling techniques to solve practical engineering problems and how they integrate into the wider engineering projects. You will be given the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of oil & gas engineering design methodologies and the operation of oil & gas processing facilities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Consulting project execution: ensure projects that are executed by you are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Providing analytical expertise for PSE’s clients' FEED, detailed design and asset integrity projects to ensure safe operation with minimal capital investment
- Technical solution development to enhance the range of PSE’s product content
- Development of gFLARE solutions from scratch and/or using previous projects as a basis, examples / demos to demonstrate value of solution, configuring existing interfaces and/or identifying needs for enhancements or new interfaces with existing and new tools
- Presenting at PSE run seminars and workshops
- Sales and Marketing support, including prospect visits as well as attendance at trade shows and conferences
- Working with PSE customers to help them achieve solutions
Required education and skills/experience
- A first degree or Masters in Process, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in one of the tools would be useful though not essential;
- The application of custom modelling (gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, Aspen Custom Modeller®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool) to solving process systems problems
- The application of modelling tools to oil and gas related applications (using for example gPROMS, OLGA or HYSYS Dynamics).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We offer you:
- Offices near the Hammersmith stations
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly team
- 26 Holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- Internal and External training and career paths
- Regular team events
- Free fruit, toast, coffee, tea and biscuits
- Cake for your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme