Senior Chemical Engineer
- Full Time
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
Our vision :
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
Our mission :
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
As a Chemical Engineer in our Chemical Process Development Team you are responsible for the engineering tasks of the development of new production processes as well as scale-up and implementation.
Your key accountabilities :
Planning, supervision and interpretation of experimental work independently during process development regarding all chemical engineering aspects.
Preparation of plantfits for new chemical process to be implemented in our multi-purpose trains
Identification of suited process technologies for chemical reactions, product isolations as well as solvent distillations.
Strong production support during process implementation on commercial scale
We offer :
- Young, dynamic and innovative team and working environment
- Collaborative, solution oriented working culture
- Broad skill training opportunities
- Competitive salary and social benefits
- Flexible and family-friendly working time models
- Work in a scenic location in the heart of the alps
Our expectations :
- Ph.D. or MS. Preferred area of study : Chemical Engineering
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within the field of chemical engineering, quality and safety including
- Sound problem solving skills
- Developed communication skills to exchange complex information
- Strong Team player
- Fluent German and English skills