Chemical Site Engineer
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Chemical Site Engineer to join a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Merseyside on a 6 month contract basis with the potential to become permanent. The main purpose of the role will be to manage the activities of the engineering department on a daily basis to ensure all allocated works are performed efficiently.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- To manage, on a day to day basis, the engineering department
- To control overall CapEx spend in line with individual project budget and overall company budgets.
- To set overall engineering / regulatory compliance policy.
- To set overall targets for the department in line with business needs and issue these as part of the overall site targets.
- To maintain good engineering housekeeping standards across the site.
- To constantly review work practices to see if health, safety, environmental or quality performance can be improved or costs reduced.
- To communicate business objectives and departmental performance / issues to the departmental employees.
- To perform all process engineering activities required (e.g. design, producing P&ID's).
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience at a managerial / supervisory level.
- Degree qualified in a Chemical / Process Engineering.
- Experience of working within a heavily regulated industry.
- Must be able to display technical knowledge of chemical processes and / or plant.