Focus are delighted to offer into the market a new and exclusive permanent role for a Chemical Engineer. Our client is a well-established chemical manufacturing organisation based in the Fife area. Due to natural growth and continued success of their specialist products across key sectors, they are now looking for a Chemical Engineer with experience in product development with paints, inks or coatings.
To project manage and deliver added value through product and process development. To support the Global Marketing strategy to deliver value, business growth through new product innovation to all application areas.
• Works in and oversees both pilot and chemical pilot plant
• Identify products that are in negative / low Margin and develop existing grade formulations to improve Manufacturing costs.
• To transfer and scale up US produced grades to manufacturing for sale in Europe and Africa
• To transfer and scale up new US Milling technology to manufacturing process.
• To develop new innovative products using stage gate process for the framework of ISO 14001/9001 – 2015.
• Establish, issue formulations, specifications, composition for MSDS, information for TDS, costing for all new development products
• Runs FMEA’s
• Runs DoE’s where needed – knows statistical analysis
• To meet customer requirements both in the development of new and existing products or the development of alternatives to a competitor’s product
• Collaborates with R&D, Innovation and New Product Development and Plant Operations
• Validates R&D concepts
• To run production trials on developed materials
• Improves plant operations by running process (improvement) studies
• To develop and maintain a system of evaluation of new raw materials
• To maintain regular dialogue with the Pilot Plant and Tech Support Production Manager on all issues
• To be highly responsive to customer demands including an understanding of our commitment to customer satisfaction
• To identify new opportunities in the Powder Coatings Market, liaise directly with customers developing rapport / trust with a view to growing Sales.
Ideally, I am looking to speak to degree qualified in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or other related technical degrees or equivalent working experience. Must have a strong technical background within paints, inks, plastics, and or coatings industry within a manufacturing environment would be essential. Candidates that have proven track record of product development and laboratory experience would be desirable.
Is this you?
Then please apply and send in your CV to our recruitment partner Alan Wallace. After sending in CV, please call me to discuss the role in more detail and we can go through your application.
Focus recruitment, is a personalised recruitment consultancy that takes the time to really understand your strengths, motivations and culture fit for each role and business. We like to learn what you can offer, rather than the standard approach what you have done the past. Your CV speaks for itself, it is about your future and your next career move.