Refinery Study Manager - Operations and Investment
7 days left
- Full Time
Refinery Study Manager - Operations and Investment
C £100 K + bens
Our client operates as an independent consultancy to the Oil and Gas Industry focussing mainly on the Downstream and Midstream industry. There is an immediate requirement for an additional high level consultant with significant expertise in refinery operations and engineering capable of making a major contribution to the Process Consulting group in support of regional and global projects.
The job holder will contribute to the sustainment of a first-class consulting organisation with a balanced project portfolio within their remit while leveraging the company’s resources within the consulting practice in order to achieve a differentiating service offering within the hydrocarbon processing industry.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
The expectations associated with Study manager re as follows:
* Recognised by senior-level executives, who routinely and proactively seek the advice as a professional providing valuable advice in setting strategy and solving problems.
* Access to the strategic, process engineering, and planning departments of a client (executive suite, strategy, business development
* Understanding the broad macro-economic issues impacting customer markets and able to speak articulately with customers about these issues. Relates economic performance to technical performance of assets
* Proactively provides perspectives to assist the client in achieving their strategic objectives
* Build a solid business relationship with mutual respect with peers and clients
* Understands the breadth of our clients services; helps design solutions and avoids silos
*Grows the account (s) for the long-term
* Act as a role model for using company systems, managing projects and conducting business
As a developer of business:
The expectations for the job holder are:
* Ability to provide a perspective around the customers’ business/industry.
*Ability to uncover customer’s aspirations and expectations
* Helping potential customer’s s to understand exactly what they get when they work with our client and then communicating this benefit to other people involved in the buying decision.
* Create a new service and delivery reality that will be the best for customers
Study Manager as a Project Manager:
*Effectively manage projects (seller/doer), which include requesting the required skills in terms of team members regularly attend client briefings, monitoring and managing actual hours versus budget hours, addresses over-run concerns, and effectively delivers project deliverables to clients.
* Manage and mentor consultants assigned to the project, make contributions in the particular field of subject matter expertise, be conversant and proficient with the tools and models used by their direct reports
* Maintain consistent, high-level of quality in projects performed.
* Understand the economic drivers of a project.
* Assume accountability for client satisfaction.
* Ability to identify and provide advice on business issues (whether in scope or not – big picture).
* Provide and drive recommendations for improvement, document lessons learnt, etc.
* Experience of refinery wide operations and refinery economics is essential
* Previous experience of direct day to day operational/ lead process engineering responsibilities on medium to large scale projects
* Has subject matter expertise in one or more hydrocarbon industry process (I.e. delayed coking, aromatics, naptha, hydroprocessing, fluidised catalytic cracking, reforming, alkylation, treatments etc.), in order to be able to converse credibly and with depth.
* Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally at all levels within client and company organisation
* Demonstrate ability to build rapport with individuals (including Senior Client executives)
* Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
* Proven track record of building effective teams
* Ability to travel on both an international basis and domestic basis*
* Previous experience of leading a team – able to set clear objectives and expectations *
*Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
* Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment, E mail email@example.com
Alternatively call for an initial confidential telephone interview on 01303 812433.
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an Employments Agency and Employment Business.
Apply for Refinery Study Manager - Operations and Investment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly