Mining Risk Control Director
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a leading player in the provision of Insurance to the high risk sectors including oil and gas, power, marine and shipping, mass transport, chemicals and mining. The business enjoys a global presence, high levels of client retention and a reputation for succeeding in its expansion into new areas. This new position of mining risk control director will be recognised as the most senior level technical expert in mining risk control within our client’s organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall assessment, evaluation and delivery of risk consulting services and technical support on the most complex risk exposures to the mining business’s underwriting business. In conjunction with senior level management the person will work within the broadest limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination for the mining business. The candidate will have international mining segment risk control responsibility and will work on the establishment and delivery of a dedicated risk control mining team.
The appointee will perform a combination of duties in accordance with the risk control departmental guidelines:
• Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services on the most complex and/or sophisticated global mining accounts.
• Conduct loss analysis on individual accounts or designated book of business for mining to Identify root cause, trends and emerging issues and develops business solutions and products to minimize exposures with corresponding training materials to educate both internal and external mining customers on the issue as necessary.
• Assess mining customer's risk control programme needs and develop and execute a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan. The appointee will manage the delivery of direct evaluative and consultative services, which are expected to include fee generating works.
• Partner with underwriting, claims and other areas to provide information for risk evaluation and assessment on the most complex and/or sophisticated mining risks. This will include the development of risk assessment tools and lead market risk control reports.
• Participates with senior management in the development and implementation of risk control policy, marketing and business strategy for the mining business. The role will be key in developing our client’s objective of having a market leading position in the mining area objective of having a market leading position in the mining area.
• Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners for the mining business.
• Provides account coordination of risk control services for multinational and global insured accounts for the mining business.
• Identifies opportunities for and/or develops new products and services, for the mining business.
• Provides expertise in the loss control activities for mining.
• Development of the mining risk control capability, including identification of future resources to meet the demands of the business.
• May provide assistance to other client natural resources business areas, including construction and energy.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• The highest level of mining technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices and procedures.
• Ability and willingness to travel across our global business. There is likely to be significant global travel associated with this role.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, marketing and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
• Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
• Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long‐term view of business goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business‐ related software.
Education and Experience
• Master's degree or equivalent experience. One or more professional designations preferred.
• Ten years of experience in ‘hard rock’ mining followed by significant risk control insurer experience in the mining area, with a proven track record of results.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should call 01303 812433 for an initial, confidential discussion or simply forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail email@example.com
Apply for Mining Risk Control Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly