Proposals / Applications Engineer
Our client is a major developer, designer, engineer, fabricator and supplier of process technology for a wide range of unit operations, utilities and other process applications. Their extensive and highly engineered range of market leading systems and equipment addresses key processes such as mass transfer (distillation, separation ,evaporation and batch reaction systems), treatments, solvent recovery, drying, mixing etc,etc .Based in the heart of the South East, the company is looking to recruit an experienced sales / proposals engineer with broad experience of the equipment supply market and a talent for responding to and developing sales enquiries and turning around cost effective and timely proposals that are technically and commercially persuasive. The appointee will enjoy the significant benefit of working for a premier name in technology and system supply whose reputation is supported by long standing track record in the UK and an impressive R+D budget aimed at maintaining a leading position within its chosen markets.
Purpose of the Job
Provision of technical assistance to customers either directly or via colleagues.
· Conversion of sales enquiries for products within UK and Europe into orders
· Preparation of bids for products for customers within UK and Europe
· Provide technical sales support to the sales and engineering teams.
· Provide product technical assistance to customers and colleagues
Contract review and preparation of documentation for order
· Negotiation of bids including response to bid review documents and attendance at meetings
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· Technical evaluation of enquiries from customers.
· Preparation of competitive designs using proprietary software design tools and procedures.
· Preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
· Support for sales team by provision of high quality, timely responses to enquiries
Development of technical solutions to customer problems, using process engineering design, technology and proprietary equipment
· Provision responses to requests for bid clarifications from customers
· Attend bid review meetings as required.
· Provide technical and/or market reports to management as required.
· Involvement in bid review meetings and discussions with possible requirement for customer / site
· Contract review and management of projects (as required) from bid stage through purchase order to final delivery
· Attendance on site for trouble-shooting/ supervision of installation as required.
· Contribution to sales meetings.
· Contribute to development of design and sales tools.
· Prepare sales reports as required.
· Personal management of priorities and workload.
· Provide reports on customer satisfaction on a routine basis
Candidates should have experience of equipment supply to the chemical and environmental sectors that will ideally include sales enquiry response , proposals , design and estimating in addition to an educational background in chemical engineering or a related engineering field ( mechanical , controls etc., etc.) to degree level or equivalent.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a plain Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment:
email@example.com 01303 812433