Senior Nuclear Engineer (Energy & Environment)
- Innovation: Identify new Generation IV nuclear power R&D project opportunities related to nuclear safeguard development.
- Execution: Participate in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects related to the development of new nuclear energy systems.
- Communication: Develop journal publications, confidential reports for industry clients, proposals, and presentations.
- Identify research, compile and evaluate data sources, background information and/or technology related to the development of new nuclear energy systems.
- Knowledgeable of advanced nuclear reactor technology, concepts, safeguards, instruments, and auxiliary equipment.
- Retains currency in nuclear energy field by staying abreast of changes which impact the field.
- The ideal candidate will possess expert knowledge in the field of Molten Salt reactors.
- Position will require up to 25% travel.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in one of the following areas: nuclear engineering, chemical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering or other closely related fields (completed within the last 5 years or near completion).
- Ph.D. thesis must be directly related to the development of generation IV nuclear systems or nuclear safeguards.
- 5+ years of work experience directly related to the nuclear energy industry.
- A superior academic performance and publication record.
- Ability to be self-directed with broadly defined limits on assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Implements and observes appropriate regulatory requirements associated with completion of work.
- Implements and observes appropriate safety and health practices including personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe laboratory practices.
- Performs other duties as may be required by senior level management.