Chemical Process Engineer
Vacancy for Chemical Process Engineer and Project Manager at C-Capture Ltd.
C-Capture Ltd. (C-Capture) is a rapidly growing company that specialises in solvent and process development for CO2 absorption for gas upgrading and CO2 abatement.
Our C-Capture Gas Sweetening and Upgrading technology (C-Capture GSU) provides a highly effective low energy approach to the removal of CO2 from methane gas streams, particularly biogas from Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and landfill. Such upgrading of biogas is critical to increase the methane content to levels suitable for renewable energy applications, including electricity generation, as a transport fuel and for injection into the gas grid.
Our C-Capture Carbon Capture and Storage technology (C-Capture CCS) can be used in larger scale applications. When installed on power stations or other industrial CO2 emitters, our technology has the potential to capture the CO2 in a form suitable for storage, and prevent it from entering the Earth’s atmosphere.
C-Capture utilise their extensive knowledge of CO2 chemistry and engineering to develop a bottom-up approach to designing solvent systems for the removal of CO2 from gas streams. C-Capture’s award winning, patented, amine free, low cost and energy efficient solvents selectively capture CO2. Once the CO2 has been captured it can then be recovered as a pure stream and transported for safe, long-term storage or used in other manufacturing processes. CCS is one of the key ways to meet the Paris Agreement’s climate targets and C-Capture is well positioned to become a key player in this market. In a fast-changing world we need enthusiastic colleagues to create the maximum value and impact out of the available opportunities.
This is a new, full time, permanent position that has been created as part of the company’s current expansion programme. We are looking for an enthusiastic Process Engineer to support the delivery of multidisciplinary projects on time and in budget. Work will entail;
· process plant design;
· basic engineering package development;
· project management, both internally and of third parties;
· process assembly, installation and commissioning in a practical and management capacity.
A secondary aspect to the job includes on-going process development and optimisation.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer needs and the customer’s process in order to best exploit C-Capture’s technology. They will be able to deliver the C-Capture technology to meet that need while maintaining efficiency, minimising cost, improving sustainability and maximising profitability for C-Capture while, above all, managing process safety.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
- a competitive salary;
- flexible working hours to support a healthy work-life balance allowing time to manage personal/family activities around work;
- a creative and stimulating working environment where no two days are the same;
- working on projects where your skills can really make an impact;
- opportunities for travel and international working;
- exposure to multinational companies actively engaging with us in technology development;
- potential for entry into the company share option scheme;
- company funded personal development and training;
- recognition for delivering a new, world leading, technology.
Closing date: Monday January 15th 2018.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the position and your experience relevant to the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Responsibilities
- Manage and participate in plant assembly, commissioning, installation on site and start-up of C-Capture process plants.
- Assess processes, analyse process measurements, interpret data and change process controls if required.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output both for chemical processes and the plant assembly process.
- Run process simulations and carry out flow sheeting.
- Manage cost and time constraints.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Perform risk assessments and actively participate in safety reviews and HAZOPs.
- Develop process documentation and operating instructions.
- Produce plant documentation and basic engineering calculations.
- Work as part of a highly skilled and diverse team and be capable of communicating and interacting with a wide range of people both internally and externally.
- Reporting regularly to the Director of Engineering.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Proven work experience of in process engineering - preferably more than 3 years.
- Familiar with project and work package management in multidisciplinary teams and projects, preferably with 3 years experience as a work package leader or having led an engineering task similar to the above requirements.
- Technical skills and experience of engineering equations and equipment sizing and design.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, preferably to external customers.
- Self-driven, creative, analytical thinker with strong intuition and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently but also as part of a team.
- Understanding how your own work contributes to the wider goals of the company.
- Experience of process simulation and flow sheeting.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Commercial experience, working in an SME, including past experience with anaerobic digestion, gas engines, the water industry, gas sweetening or large-scale plant operation is highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Solidworks, CAD or AutoCad skills.
- Multilingual, and willingness to travel.
- Six Sigma or similar certification.
- Understanding of equipment fabrication.
- A good basic understanding of chemistry, electronics and/or material sciences.