The Process Technicians form production process teams, working under a team leader, and are responsible for the daily operation of a particular part of the plant (eg smelter, refinery, battery breaker, rolling mill). The job is varied, and can include operating handling equipment to move material in and out of the various processes, application of chemicals, process and analyse batches with dedicated equipment to meet quality specifications, ensuring equipment is working correctly. They ensure the health & safety standards are met, that required procedures are followed, and that good housekeeping standards are maintained. The work and conditions can be demanding, but will provide a fulfilling and interesting career for the right people.
Different parts of the plant run on different shift patterns, varying from days regular through to continuous continental.
Suitable candidates will preferably have all or most of the following:
- Previous experience within a heavy industrial environment, preferably metals or chemical. (Some mechanical aptitude would be a advantage).
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with mobile plant
- Flexibility with Shifts inc. Overtime
- Excellent, professional work ethic.
- Good teamworking skills and good communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.66 to £11.07 /hour
- Ebbw Vale NP23
Required licence or certification:
- Forklift Counterbalance Licence