Chemist / Laboratory Technician
An outstanding opportunity to join one of South Wales' most reputable manufacturing companies who are part of a global group, with 40 manufacturing facilities across the world. The company has a history spanning over a century and have built a reputation for delivering high quality and sustainable products to a diverse client base.
Due to growth, they require two Laboratory Technicians / Chemists who will be responsible for carrying out testing of products while ensuring lab operations are conducted in accordance with an implemented schedule and prescribed standards.
As the Laboratory Technician / Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Complying with safe systems of work in the lab and on-site, including COSHH, risk assessments, and SOP's.
- Analytical testing on products to provide reliable, accurate data.
- Keeping accurate records of work undertaken.
- Calibration of lab equipment as specified in company test methods and SOPs.
- Classification and release of product via lab computer software.
- Raising any non-conformance reports whilst on shift.
- Lab housekeeping, safety auditing and monitoring stock levels.
- Storage and effective management of all lab retain samples.
- Ensuring full compliance with UK legislative and site SH&E requirements.
To be a successful Laboratory Technician / Chemist, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have proven QA/QC lab experience.
- Ideally, hold an HNC/degree in a scientific discipline.
In return, the Laboratory Technician / Chemist will receive an excellent remuneration package including generous shift allowance + private healthcare + life assurance + childcare vouchers + pension scheme + company share scheme + cycle to work.
The hours of work would be 4 on 4 off shifts: working 2 day shifts (6am - 6pm) and 2 night shifts (6pm - 6am), followed by 4 days off.
If you wish to be considered for this role, then please click on the apply button.
NOTE if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!