Senior Safety Consultant - Nuclear
An opportunity is available for a Senior Safety Consultant to join a leading consultancy supporting defence and nuclear related projects.
We are working with a leading consultancy that provides a wide range of services including safety, environmental, civil, structural & architectural engineering, and planning and project management in a wide range of industries including defence, nuclear, general construction and oil & gas. With offices across the UK they have the reach and expertise to provide services to the full project lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will join a highly successful Risk & Safety Team which works closely with clients to deliver novel and innovative solutions. These roles are pivotal to the continued growth of our thriving Risk Management Division.
• Developing lasting relationships with clients
• Leading the delivery of safety engineering projects, primarily in the defence domain, ensuring they are completed on budget and to the client's satisfaction
• Membership of a team of Independent Safety Auditors
• Supporting the development of Safety Management Systems and safety assessments
• Undertaking hazard analysis
• Providing overall technical expertise within the dynamic, growing Risk & Safety team
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring for more junior team members
• Understanding the commercial impact of all decisions, recognising opportunities for business development
• Business and service development
• Ideally 5 years safety experience
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or equivalent
• Chartered or working towards Chartership
• A varied technical background with experience of risk and safety management in one or more high risk industries
• A detailed knowledge of UK regulations
• Knowledge of other regulatory regimes
• Proven Safety/Risk Engineering experience supporting a highly regulated industry (ideally defence and/or nuclear related projects)
• The ability and willingness to attain full security clearance.