Senior Process Engineer
Control and carry out equipment and consultancy process design from proposals through to commissioning and contract completion.
This role may require the incumbent to work on Metering / Produced Water Treatment or any other related markets.
This role requires the incumbent to travel internationally to support the business needs. This could include overseas placements at Alderley and Client offices, and work on site and offshore, for periods of up to 4 weeks.
Key Results Areas:
- Project deliveries on target and on cost
- Compliance with client specifications
- Development of the company's technical abilities and hence market opportunities.
- Develop conceptual designs of process plant and plant specifications for the purposes of proposals
- Develop detailed designs of process plant and plant specifications for execution during project.
- Preparing equipment lists and datasheets.
- Generating process solutions for various processes, e.g. PWT and metering
- Equipment and line sizing.
- Participating in client clarification meetings, HAZOPs and design reviews.
- Generating process, mass and heat balance calculations
- Generating PFDs and P&IDs.
- PSV sizing calculation.
- Complete technical bid evaluations for supplier equipment
- Onshore and offshore commissioning and troubleshooting of process equipment/packages.
- Mentoring junior process engineers.
- Other duties as required.
- Preparing technical quotations for various processes (normally consists of a process flow diagram and quotation document).
- Preparation of fixed and budget proposals to clients, including the detailed design and specification of process plants related to oil and gas treatment, filtration, solids management and produced water treatment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- P&ID and PFD preparation
- Fluid flow, pressure drop, pipework, pump, control valve and relief valve sizing
- Process equipment selection and sizing
- Pressure vessel sizing and specification
- Process control and instrumentation
- Materials of construction and fabrication, particularly carbon, stainless, duplex and super duplex stainless steels
- Preparation of proposals
- Interfacing with Clients
- Site work, commissioning & training
Experience & Qualifications:
Degree in Chemical Engineering or closely allied subject. Chartered Engineer, or working towards chartership, with the IChemE.
5+ years process design experience in skid mounted or packaged process equipment, ideally in a commercial environment in the oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
Experience in produced water treatment, filtration, gas/solid/liquid/liquid separation processes.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving & Innovation
- Results Orientated
- Team Work