Lead Process Engineer
Working closely with the UK Head of Process, this opportunity will be a blend of both team leadership and one of technical delivery and engineering.
To lead the Process team on projects, coordinate with other engineering disciplines and project delivery functions to managing time, cost and quality to meet our client requirements and expectations.
You will also be a client facing focused, requiring the ability to interact effectively with key stakeholders, customers and third party suppliers.
Job Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
• Proactive coordination and communication of process project data within and outside of the project team, to ensure the correct quality of output is achieved in the correct timeframe.
• Develop process hours estimates and work breakdown structures on projects and carefully manage and control on an on-going basis in accordance with the overall project schedule, anticipating potential problems ideally before they arise.
• Coordinate specialist process inputs and personnel from other PM Group offices, as required.
• The individual will be required to perform calculations, completing datasheets, registers, specifications, preparing design philosophies, reports and studies and P&IDs.
• Planning, management and successful delivery of Process Design scopes of works and deliverables lists.
• Planning and management of process safety activities such as HAZOP, HACCP, ATEX/DSEAR, etc.
• Ensure process design risks are comprehensively identified, tracked and mitigated.
• Carry out key technical process reviews on projects.
• Input into process architectural design in a GMP-controlled 2D or 3D model design environment.
• Process package management, from specification, through capital cost estimation, procurement, post-order expediting and installation to handover.
• Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice, being resident on a construction site for periods as required.
• Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
• Ensure that all projects comply with applicable local, international and client codes and standards. Give technical direction to the process team on design norms.
• Ensure PM Group’s Change Control procedures are rigorously followed, as related to project process design, including determination of impact on project schedule and cost.
• Business development support activities include meeting and presenting PM Group capability to potential clients and input into proposal preparation.
• Balancing the client needs and feedback with the company business goals.
• Be able to identify and implement process related continuous improvement activities to improve product quality and increase overall equipment effectiveness for our clients.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team, mentor others, including junior and graduate level staff.
• Encourage team members to generate ideas and to ‘think outside the box’.
• The role will require flexibility in relation to travel within and outside the UK in office and site locations.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Process or related Engineering.
• Proven and relevant professional experience at a similar level.
• Chartered member of a Professional Engineering Institution, such as IChemE.
• The ability to speak and work with credibility, knowledge and authority is key to this role as is the ability to gain trust and confidence.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, trouble-shooting, root cause analysis and risk assessments with a strong attention to detail.
• Strong awareness of the relationship between process design scope and overall project commercial performance, including ability to undertake value engineering exercises.
• Self-motivating, self-organising, reliable, with a professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
• Experience working within the framework of and adhering to an ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
• Project management experience would be beneficial.
• Fractionation process experience would be an advantage.
• Hydrogenation process experience would be an advantage.
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills including extensive report-writing and presentation experience.
• Process design software tools experience is preferred.
• Relevant experience with statistical process control and capability analysis is preferred.
• Achievement of Six Sigma/Green Belt/Black Belt accreditation would be an advantage.