Process Engineer (Chemical)
Our client is an established high volume manufacturing company based in the Wearside area. An opportunity has now arisen for a Process Engineer (Chemical) to join their team on a permanent basis.
• Reporting to the Quality Manager
• Support production with chemical analysis and testing on incoming and in-process materials
• Assist the technical department with new product development
• Process ownership of chemical process area
• Use systematic techniques to improve process capability – SPC, FMEA, KIT, MSA, process models, capability studies, etc.
• Prepare samples for analytical testing on incoming materials
• Liaise with the HSE Officer in the maintenance of the COSHH
• Analyse data in order to identify opportunities for process improvements, such as improving scrap levels and reducing product variability
• Be an active member of the Health and Safety Committee
• Hold a Degree or similar qualification in Chemistry
• Have experience in a similar Process or Chemical Engineering role within a relevant industry
• Be an excellent communicator and able to work well individually or as part of a team
• Previous experience using Microsoft Office and SAP
• Be able to organise and record data in an organised format
• Have Minitab and Infinity SPC experience
This in an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading manufacturing companies in the North East. In return, the company are offering an excellent salary and benefits package for the successful candidate.