Mould Process Engineer
We are currently looking for a Mould Process Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of medical devices based in the Norfolk area. As the Mould Process Engineer you will be responsible for leading injection mould tooling and systems validation to support the introduction of NPI and operational tooling with ongoing technical support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Mould Process Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead Scientific Moulding training and development initiatives in pursuit of plastic injection moulding capabilities recognition and processing excellence. Maintain and support training to all relative procedures.
2. Deliver new and asset replacement tooling/moulding process validation activities with technical accountability within allocated product stream. Coordinate and communicating assigned projects and their status with the appropriate personnel and departments.
3. Optimise moulding process and documentation development for all stages of mould systems validation. Deliver adequate information, documentation and training on all new and/or existing mould systems.
4. Utilise Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques, state-of-the art productivity tools along with Mould cavity rocess monitoring instrumentation.
5. Design moulding processes for medical devices with scientific moulding process optimisations to ensure the correct & appropriate actions are taken with respect to tooling, process and equipment using correlation techniques, where appropriate.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Mould Process Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in an Engineering discipline is desirable. Apprenticeship served or, relevant qualification (plastics processing and/or materials technology) with a demonstrable track record of completing formal training in plastics processing (BPTA, G&A or equivalent).
2. Plastic Injection Moulding Process Engineering experience that includes asset care, acquisition, and improvement related to plastic injection moulding machines, tooling, automation, and process infrastructure.
3. Knowledge of Scientific Injection Moulding disciplines with tool design and polymer science experience and knowledge.
Key Words: Injection Moulding | Mould | Engineer | Plastic | Moulding | Process | Medical Device | Polymer | Validation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.