Senior Principal Upstream Process Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Principal Scientist in Upstream Process Development to join a leading company based in the County Durham. As the Senior Principal Scientist in Upstream Process Development you will be responsible for designing, developing and scaling up reproducible and robust cGMP compliant mammalian cell culture upstream processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Principal Scientist in Upstream Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be a technical leader who can demonstrate a strong track record for the successful development and transfer of mammalian cell culture processes from R&D to cGMP manufacturing.
2. Apply scientific and technical experience and business acumen to drive high-quality laboratory work, and deliver well-controlled and characterised upstream manufacturing processes to aggressive timelines. Projects will range from early phase process development to commercial stage biologics manufacture.
3. You will provide leadership and direction within the process development sub-group in Mammalian Cell Culture R&D, with line management responsibility.
4. Provide scientific and technical leadership in the application of Design of Experiments (DoE) and appropriate cell culture scale down models.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Principal Scientist in Upstream Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Cell Biology or similar along with substantial industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in mammalian upstream process development is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with tech transfer to GMP manufacturing would be highly desirable.
Key Words: Upstream Process Development | Mammalian | Single Use | GMP | Tech Transfer | Bioreactor | CHO |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.