PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – Industrial Food Technology
Our client is a leading international supplier of R&D scale, industrial food technology equipment (liquid foods).They require an additional engineer to take product ideas from initial concepts through to finalized designs. This is a challenging and rewarding position for a capable and creative engineer with a genuine aptitude and passion for process innovation and development.
- Development of food technology equipment to budgets and in defined timescales.
- Deliver an outline product definition as a means of developing and agreeing a product specification with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop detailed designs for the equipment to include key components and sub-systems to be used. Process scale –down will be a key requirement.
- Develop project timing, project milestones and product costs. Ensure that these are met during the delivery of the program.
- Communicate with the design engineers to develop the production pack of drawings and manufacturing characteristics.
- Liaison with sub-contractors over the production of prototypes and production equipment.
- Test and validate prototype equipment performance and safety.
- Ensure designs meet the relevant IEC/ISO/BS requirements.
- Ensure that all project data is clearly filed and maintained with the appropriate design and safety reviews implemented during product development.
- Provide technical support to Production, Inspection and Customer Service departments to include some travel in the UK and abroad.
- Write and maintain sales data sheets, product inspection procedures and product manuals.
- Perform other tasks as required, from time to time, requested by the Technical and Operations Director.
- Liaise with sales as to customers’ requirements
- Assist or carry out customer trials, FAT’ and SAT’s
- Candidates should be graduates in a food/chemical or related engineering subject with some relevant product/process design experience.
- Experience and competence in heat transfer, fluid flow, mass balancing and equipment specification is essential.
- Experience of process scale –down is advantageous
- Exposure to the food/hygienic design sector is highly desirable
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment.
E – mail email@example.com
Alternatively call 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business