Senior Process Engineer- New Product
As a member of the Engineering team, provides engineering leadership within a highly complex, fully automated manufacturing environment, the Senior Process Engineer is responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production process and equipment.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Process Engineer to manage a team of 3 engineers on the new production line that is being launched in Dun Laoghaire. The role reports to the World Wide Engineering Manager, Pen Needle Manufacturing. This is a permanent full time role.
As a member of the Engineering team, you provide engineering leadership within a highly complex, fully automated manufacturing environment. The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production process and equipment.
- Lead the team and be the subject matter expert in the identified process.
- OEE performance across the process
- Communicating out process performance to key stakeholders
- Drive a structured problem solving approach improving reliability
- Execute process improvements through identification of problem areas/ opportunities and collaboration with internal groups and external vendors
- Assist with QN, Customer Complaint and CAPA investigations.
- Lead the maintenance activities and analysis of machine/ process issues.
- Develop Associates by taking part in team building, brainstorming, blitz, project planning sessions, and to build relationships throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all associates are working in a safe manner and that existing and new tasks are risk assessed.
- Ensure that team activities are fully compliant with the Business Quality Policy
- Other work relevant to skills as requested by the WW Engineering Manager PN Mfg.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronic)
- Minimum Six Sigma Green Belt.
- At least 7-10 years medical device process engineering experience, 3 years leading a team
- New product and/ or process equipment startup experience an advantage
- Electro/ Mechanical medical device experience an advantage
- Strong data analysis skills and experience applying Six Sigma
- Knowledge of Lean techniques: Standard Work, TPM
- Familiarity with equipment validation and documentation within a regulated industry an advantage