Campus Graduate - Chemical Engineer
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Chemical Engineer at our site Barry, United Kingdom
The Chemical Engineer will serve as a vital resource for Operations by applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems, and enable safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products.
Purpose of the job
The Chemical Engineer acts as a technical resource for plant operations personnel, applying technical skills within the Manage Production work process to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems and enable safe and environmentally acceptable production of quality products.
Specific responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding and applying all EH&S personal and operational requirements
- Understanding all applicable process technology (i.e. process equipment and process control technology)
- Works with plant personnel to optimize operations and meet business and plant goals (EH&S, quality, cost, production) through the implementation of LEAN.
- Participates in technical advising and training of plant personnel
- Leads advanced troubleshooting, Root cause investigation and coaches others to learn these skills
- Performs the appropriate Manage Production roles as required by the plant and/or business
- Lead reliability improvement on the plant in cooperation with reliability engineer
- Works with other functional support resources (i.e. TICA, R&D, Maintenance, Supply Chain) to assure that business and plant goals are met
- Create, review and maintain maintenance/standard operating procedures
- Act as quality focal point for the plant and investigate and follow up Quality issues
- Lead the development of scopes for small projects and other process changes, and work with engineering personnel to install and commission these.
Key Global and functional competencies required for the role.
- Responsible Care: A "Vision of Zero" EH&S incident mindset is essential. The run plant engineer must be active in supporting behavior based safety programs.
- Initiative/Innovation: Identify issues/opportunities and develop/implement cost effective and timely solutions to improve and optimize the plant performance to meet business and customer expectations.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Effectiveness: The Run Plant Engineer must interface often with a variety of personnel, including leadership, operators, supply chain, maintenance personnel, R&D, auditors, etc... He/she must have good presentation and communications skills to deliver messages efficiently and effectively.
- Value Creation: Understands the goals of the organization and aligns individual goals with these objectives. Low value work must be eliminated or altered. Focus on activities that generate the most value for Dow Chemical overall.
- Technical Capabilities: Demonstrated strong engineering skills to troubleshoot process bottlenecks, evaluate new opportunities, and prioritize complex issues.
- Leadership: The run plant engineer is looked to for leadership and technical consultation when operational problems occur. Their actions must set a positive example for others in the organization to follow.
- Master Degree in Chemical Engineering (recently graduated)
- Must have excellent general computer skills-Microsoft applications, E-Mail, etc.
- Previous plant experience is preferred, but not required.
- English fluent level required.
The company values the benefits that diversity can bring. We are looking for the individual best suited for this role regardless of their nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.