Chemical Process Operator
The Dow Chemical Company has several job openings for Process Operators at the Freeport, Texas location. The Freeport site has 5,000 + employees and is a 24-hour/7-day operation including holidays. We are looking for technically capable Process Operators who embrace change, adapt fast, make decisions quickly, possess self-confidence and leadership skills and are lifelong learners. This position will work in a Union environment. The Dow Chemical Company offers a variety of career opportunities to assume responsibility for business accomplishments as indicated by “measures of performance” and to participate in group activities.
After an individual applies and meets the minimum qualifications for the position, technical testing will be scheduled. Passing the technical testing is required to move forward through the hiring process. Interviews will be scheduled with select individuals based on position requirements. If an offer is made, the individual must then complete and pass a comprehensive physical function test, background check and drug screen in order to start work.
Individuals will perform all work activities in a team environment following operating disciplines, procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation of assigned duties related to the function. Must have the physical ability to lift hoses to climb ladders and stairs through multiple levels, bolt flanges, operate valves, and similar equipment as a normal part of the job. Must be able to work in confined spaces and wear personal protective equipment. Individuals will use troubleshooting skills to resolve deviations and problems, within the process and accurately complete all required paperwork. The incumbent must effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve all process issues.
• Performing routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates and transfer of products.
• Controlling, monitoring and adjustment of all control systems and manually operated equipment.
• Identification of equipment requiring maintenance.
• Clearing and tagging equipment as required and issuing Safe Work Permits for maintenance and project work.
• Acting as a resource for other Operators and/or Technicians on job tasks and prioritization of work activities.
• Performing tasks assigned per task list.
• Performing all duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation for this position. Reimbursement for travel to and from interviews or medical appointments (if an offer is made) is also not covered. Candidates are responsible for all travel cost that incur.**
Physical Requirements with or without an accommodation:
• Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
• Be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in tight or closed-in spaces (e.g. pipe rack)
• Be able to climb stairs and work at heights.
• Be able to work a rotating shift.
• Be able to work overtime when needed or required (including weekends & holidays).
• Must have a current, valid, United States driver license
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• An Associate Degree in Process Technology is preferred.
• Experience in a chemical or other manufacturing plant is also preferred.
• A minimum of an Associate's Degree in any field is acceptable if you meet the following criteria: 1 semester of College Algebra, 4 semesters of Science/Technology (computer, chemistry, biology, physics, environmental, mechanical) and 2 semesters communication classes (English, Speech, etc.).
• In lieu of an associate degree or higher, Dow Chemical will consider those with four (4) + years of relevant military experience and a High School Diploma or GED.
Degree Transcript/Military Records:
If selected for an interview, you must bring a transcript of your completed degree or the DD214 military discharge paperwork.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer