Chemical Process Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a requirement for a Chemical Process Engineer in the Process Department of the Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
The Minneapolis office presently has a staff of 100 persons. The Process Department is growing and requires experienced leadership to insure further development will meet growing chemical process demands by key clients. The position will require strong management and design capabilities. The candidate will be a technical resource to support process activities on industrial projects.
- Man hour estimating; determination of staffing requirements and scheduling; work status tracking for progress reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and quality control; and, identification and organization of required project deliverables
- Accountability for technical accuracy, engineering quality, budgets, and schedules for conceptual and detailed process engineering for chemical and industrial manufacturing projects
- Direct involvement in business development activities to assist the marketing of company personnel, skills, technology, and experience in chemical manufacturing project execution
- Oversees/directs the work of other graduate – 3 year experienced engineers, designers and draftspersons within their specific design disciple and coordinates their design with the work of the other affected design disciplines
- Prepares equipment specifications and other procurement technical documents. Reviews equipment price requests, evaluates bids and recommends selections to internal project management and the client
- Prepares estimates and supporting documentation for any changes in scope, delays or other extra work (as they occur) before proceeding with alterations
- Reviews design discipline documents on a regular basis and ensures proper internal team/final checks are made prior to client/external transmittal
- Prepares technical meeting minutes, maintains drawing and equipment lists and other work status summaries, and participates in design discipline technical reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an Accreditation Board of Engineering & Technology (ABET) approved college; normally with a minimum of four years of applicable experience - Equivalent education from universities outside the U.S. may be acceptable
- Professional registration as a P.E. is desirable and should be actively pursued; registration as an E.I.T. is required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in design/operations of chemical processes
- Proven conceptual and detailed design skills
- Some experience with OSHA PSM regulations is beneficial
- Good communicator, self-motivated with proven leadership skills and able to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities while promoting a pleasant and harmonious work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.