Our name is no accident – We are Ideal Standard.
Ideal Standard International is one of the world's leading providers of high-quality bathroom solutions. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and wherever we are, our aim is always the same: to enable people to create beautiful bathrooms in residential, commercial and industrial spaces.
This year we are celebrating 200 years of manufacturing in the UK.
We operate in over 30 countries and have some 10,000 employees. Our product ranges include high quality ceramic sanitary ware, taps and showering systems, bathing and wellness solutions as well as furniture and accessories. In addition, we work with world class designers to develop innovative products using the latest technologies. Our products are sold under our strong international brands: Ideal Standard and Jado as well as leading local brands including Armitage Shanks (UK), Ceramica Dolomite (Italy), Porcher (France) and Vidima (Eastern Europe).
Just recently, AquaBlade™ by Ideal Standard International won the prestigious award for Best Bathroom Product at this year’s Housebuilder Awards, which recognises the best in building and development products.
We are now recruiting a Chemical Engineer to join our new Innovation Team based in Armitage. This is a truly exciting opportunity where the Innovation Team will contribute to the competitive advantage of our group portfolio and is accountable for the realisation of the defined development projects. This Department is responsible for the Innovation pipeline and technology, with the defined target areas and our customers. In addition, the team will contribute to improve the knowhow in the focus areas with their own research and collaboration with external partners. This position with contribute significantly to innovation projects and is accountable with the team for implementation of the projects and coordinates the activities between all internal and external parties.
The Innovation Engineer is a full developed specialist on a defined area, in this instance; drinking water biology, regulations and bacterial contamination on surfaces and will have the capability to organize a structured research activity, as well as being able to solve problems with creative thinking to bring up own ideas / proposals.
Key responsibilities as a Chemical Engineer will include:
- Evaluation of processes and materials to improve the water quality and keep surfaces clean and free of contamination
- Manage own R&D projects and contribute to other projects in the Innovation Pipeline
- Project Management / Project Coordination of the own projects with all parties like: PM, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing or suppliers, securing: quality, time and cost.
- Internal and external scouting of innovation
- Definition of activities for the own research area with clear targets and risk evaluation
- Cooperation with the Legal department for the IP research / protection and competitor analysis
- Conduct analysis, interpret results together with the project teams and provide insight into project obstacles and opportunities for future implementation
- Define the needed quality assessments for new products and technologies
- Organisation of field tests and comparisons with competition
- Using PAP as an comparison tool for our competitiveness
- Actively contribute to the innovation ideation process
Ideally we are looking for candidates who possess the following experience:
- Water quality analysis
- Bacterial contamination / resistance
- Regulations and trends in the specific areas
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Demonstrable successful work experience in an engineering environment
- Project Management capabilities
- Ability to understand the market needs and implement solutions to the defined problems
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at various departments within the organization
- Leadership capabilities with the ability to challenge and to cope with being challenged
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, especially with regard to conducting analyses, interpreting results, drawing out correct conclusions and determining next steps based on the findings, making recommendations and tracking results
- Ability to effectively communicate results, problems
- Self-starter, able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
If you’re looking for a new role where you’ll be pivotal in taking innovation to the next level, this is opportunity is for you!
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package and great career development opportunities.