Senior Process Engineer
C-Tech Innovation have major process development contracts which involve the rapid development of new process technologies involving fuel cells, cryogenics, nuclear decommissioning, electrochemistry, food processing and advanced industrial process technology. The company are expanding their process engineering capability, and are looking for an outstanding chemical engineer who will thrive on technical challenge and the rapid development of new process technology. The projects are pioneering in their field and involve technically demanding and sophisticated engineering challenges.
Experience: Degree in Chemical Engineering, (MEng) with 8+ years’ commercial experience.
C-Tech Innovation is one of the UK’s most successful research, technology and innovation organisations with over 40 years’ experience delivering new products and processes. We are a leading Science and Technology Company with advanced in-house research and development resources with capability of turning laboratory based research into fully developed pilot/production plant systems in very short timescales – typically one to two years.
We believe that the key to successful product and process innovation is to embed a culture of creative and innovative thinking. We apply multidisciplinary teams with diverse styles to the varied challenges that are presented to us, enabling some truly unique solutions to be realised. Our workforce is highly qualified, skilled and diverse – one which thrives on new and unique opportunities. Our design engineers have a working knowledge of many different industries and technologies. They are adept at designing both single components and complicated assemblies, often using the latest manufacturing techniques available. We have a broad knowledge of material selection and process optimisation.
Candidates will be responsible for
- Process design
- Functional and Engineering Specifications
- Sourcing of advanced novel components and liaison with Purchasing Department
- Briefing Mechanical and Control Systems Engineers
- Commissioning trials
From day one you'll take on integral roles in projects working with novel technologies within areas including chemical processing, advanced materials, energy and environmental. Candidates will design, test and commission equipment within the first year of joining playing vital roles throughout a number of crucial stages of projects across C-Tech. That's because, more than any other discipline, process engineering is fully integrated with several other areas of our business. Your expertise and skills will help set the strategy and inform the key technical decisions that determine the success of our projects and our business.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellence in approaching process engineering from first principles
- Be able to think analytically and make confident decisions with clear rationale
- Willingness to be proactive and search out practical solutions to engineering problems
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment liaising with engineers and consultants from all technical backgrounds
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and deliver results on time while under pressure