Senior Chemical Engineer
- To have ownership of manufacturing process equipment and supply product processes.
- Will lead process and equipment optimization in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Will interface with Process Development and Commercialization Group to integrate new products into the facility either as new process development entities or as product transfer from another manufacturing facility.
- Supports migration of process knowledge for product technical transfers from facility.
- Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
- Minimum qualification B.Sc. or M.Sc./ M.Eng Degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or equivalent discipline; equivalent is defined as a Biotechnology or Industrial Chemistry Degree with basic the elements of chemical/biochemical engineering fundamentals as applied to biotechnology/bioprocessing
- Minimum of 7 years post academic process engineering experience in relevant aseptic/sterile processing design, construction & start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / influence teams in matrix environment
- Excellent communication/presentation/organizational skills
- In depth understanding of process engineering and technologies pertinent to unit operations including Closed-Process Formulation, Depyrogenation Tunnel, Isolated Filling & Capping, Automated Parts Washing, Autoclave Sterilization, Mobile Process Vessels, Bioburden reduction/Sterile Filtration, and CIP/SIP.
- Knowledge on the application of Disposable Technologies
- Knowledge of PLC process control platforms and industry SDLC methodology