Senior Process Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to provide Process Engineering services for offshore and onshore support to the Centrica ECAPS project including the onshore and offshore facilities. The project includes support of ongoing operations with required modifications and additional decommissioning activities. This position requires experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The role is based at the clients facility in Barrow-in-Furness, UK.
Services to be provided:
Provision of process engineering design services within a operational environment and activities related to decommissioning of onshore process plant. Undertake process engineering activities and support where necessary the activities of other process engineers on the project. Activities typically include the production of deliverables associated with brownfield offshore and midstream UKCS.
Skills / Qualifications
- Carry out work in accordance with Company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Carry out work in accordance with project guidelines and procedures
- Provision of process engineering services to projects as assigned, including;
- Study reports and investigations
- Scope of works preparation
- Value Engineering
- Risk assessment and identification
- Process flow diagrams and P&ID’s
- Process engineering calculations and simulation
- Design survey and assessments of existing process/equipment
- Feasibility and Optioneering Studies
- Hazard Identification Studies (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA etc)
- Communicate effectively within a multidiscipline design team in addition to Client and Supply Chain representatives to ensure project requirements and expectations are met
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design codes, standards and legislation
- Ensure the design satisfies all operational and safety requirements
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan.
- Ensure that the work output of assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables on time to meet project deadlines
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Provide technical assistance where required
- Review work / work output as required
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients
Degree in Chemical Engineering
Experience in UKCS oil and gas operations and projects
Offshore Oil & Gas
Acid Gas treatment experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.